Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the 3.5 inch rock krawler lift? Is it a good lift? also with spacers what size tire on the overland 18" tire should I be looking at? 265/65/18? 265/70/18? 275/**/18....any help would be great. Also what tires are people running...would like a semi agressive tire...but am worried about excessive tire noise and vibration...HELP!!!! love the truck so far...just need it to look like it should have...Anyone else in the DC metro area? should have a commander get together sometime :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Try to search for some of the info you need...there are a ton of threads all ready posted about many of the topics youd like to get info for...

But to answer part of your question or at least comment on it...I was looking at the 3.5" rock crawlers but stayed away from them due to the anglethe rest of your stock suspension would be set at...not very good for off road unless you do some other upgrades...which means more $$$...but good luck...

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Is anyone running the 3.5 inch rock krawler lift? Is it a good lift? also with spacers what size tire on the overland 18" tire should I be looking at? 265/65/18? 265/70/18? 275/**/18....any help would be great. Also what tires are people running...would like a semi agressive tire...but am worried about excessive tire noise and vibration...HELP!!!! love the truck so far...just need it to look like it should have...Anyone else in the DC metro area? should have a commander get together sometime :)
Here's one thread and if you put rock krawler in the search feature you will find others.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7969&highlight=rock+krawler&page= 2

·
Registered
35 Posts
3.5" Rock Krawler Anyone?

Happy New Year everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has installed the 3.5" Rock Krawler lift yet. I found it through ebay, for $315 plus shipping. I may be late on this, but I haven't heard of them before.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks. Sorry about that. I did do a search, but I guess i missed it.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Threads merged.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Spigot,

Why not the Rough Country 2" for $160? The Rock Crawler only ends up being 2" anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that is how I am going to go after reading the past threads.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
265/65R18's would be equivalent to what we are running with 17 inch wheels and a spacer lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what is that gas mileage with a 3.5 in. lift or with a 4 in. lift??????

please tell me!!!!!!!!!!:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
can some one tell me your gas mileage is with a 3.5 in lift of a 4 in. lift please!!!!!!!!
and if you have any mods!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
can some one tell me your gas mileage is with a 3.5 in lift of a 4 in. lift please!!!!!!!!
and if you have any mods!!!!!!!
Well, while you're waiting for someone with a big lift to respond, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. I have Rusty's 2 inch lift. I never ran it with standard tires. I put the lift and bigger tires on the same day. My gas mileage has taken a hit but I believe it is due to the larger heavier tires, not the lift. Heavier tire, more rotational force at work.

I suppose there may be some hit in mpg with a higher stance, possibly more wind resistance, but you got more room for air to be displaced below the vehicle too.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Its definately the larger, heavier tires that effect the mpg.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well I'm getting 12 MPG with my 4 in lift and 285/70R17 tires. When I purchased it used, stock it was getting 15 MPG.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts