Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchesed a o8 sport a week ago. i went back to the dealer to get a couple things looked at.while i was there i found same year and model 35000 miles. this one is loaded.trail rated rocky mtn pakage,tow pakage front hooks,two moon roofs and sun roof.ican give them back the one i just purchesed and get the new one for about 40$ a month more.is it going to cost more to maintain the upgraded suspension.has any one had any problems with the rocky mtn trial rated package

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Rocky Mountain is a trim package, nothing more. If both trucks are Trail Rated, they'll both have the same suspension components. It all boils down to the engine and extra options. If the RM edition has the extra toys and V8 engine, go for it.

And to re-ask Bobula's question: how does it compare to your current XK?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a 2008 RME. It is just a very well dressed up Sport. - One interesting fact: in 2008 with the RME there was an option for QDII (not QTII) with the 4.7. Very rare - I tried to find one when I was looking but my dealer could not locate one here in the Midwest. In the end I purchased the upgraded skids and lived with the QTII.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Can you not change out transfer cases if you wished at a later date?
Transfer cases are the same for QTII and QDII. The differences are the differentials: QTII has open diffs; QDII has computer controlled auto-locking diffs. You'd need to change the diffs & axle housings and computer controls for the ELSD system and related systems. Its easier to buy a XK already equipped with QDII than to try and convert one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I say go for the one with the most options that has the V8. You can't take it with you when you kiss this crappy world goodbye spend it all I say.

Love it, my sentiment exactly!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I say go for the one with the most options that has the V8. You can't take it with you when you kiss this crappy world goodbye spend it all I say.
I second that! If I had it to do over I'd have bought a Limited Hemi!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hemi?

OK, so ive learned i shouldve bought the v6 with qd2...I bought the V6 i dont know if i agree with the HEMI..I am enjoying the 20 mpg im getting with my v6 currently.....so i think i would just ask for the tranfer case and gear update to my v6 and i would be super happy....I said ah hell i MIGHT use 4wd low 3 times every 5 years so i diddnt see value....I think the HEMI is total overkill and not a necessary motor for the jeep you can pull same low end torque and climb hills just as hard with 4.7 and 3.7l motors

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Sadly the V6 wasn't available with QDII. I'd rather have the V8, the XK's a lot of truck to move with the V6. I looked at a new Grand Cherokee several weeks ago, and I would definitely take the V8 over the V6, even though the new V6 is major improvement over the old 3.7.

·
1,993 Posts
can you elaborate on this TC NV245
That is the transfer case that both QT2 and QD2 use. The only difference between QT1 and QT2 is the transfer case. There are 3.7's that came with QT2 it would take a little research but seems like its possible. Swap out your TC and probably need you computer reprogrammed all this won't be cheap and maybe not practicable either but it's probably possible. If I had the V6 QT1 and got bit by the off road bug and loved the XK, I would sell the V6 and buy the V8 with the proper drive system which probably would be cheaper taking a slight loss on the V6. IMHO :)

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
FYI: RME

Availability:
Rocky Mountain Editions will be built from March 1, 2007 through May 31, 2007. Available in both 4x4 and 4x2 versions The 5.7-L Hemi will not be available in these special editions. Jeep is also producing Rocky Mountain Editions for the 2007 Grand Cherokee, 2007 Liberty and 2007 Wrangler models.

MSRP (including destination):

4x4 $32,450

4x2 $30,450

Standard Features:

Badge, Rocky Mountain, rear mounted
Boston Acoustics® six-speaker AM/FM/six-disc CD/MP3 player
Door entry guards
Power sunroof with dual Command-View skylights
Engine, 3.7-liter V6
Embroidered Jeep® logo on front seatback
Fog lamps
Side air bags
SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
P245/65R17 BSW All Terrain Tires
Tow hooks
Transmission, W5A580 5-speed
Unique 17-inch Wrench cast-aluminum wheels with gray accents
Options:
Engine, 4.7L V8 Flex Fuel, 235hp, 295 ft.-lb. torque ($1340.00)
Exterior color - Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat ($225.00)
Exterior color - Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat ($150.00)
Popular Equipment Group: Heated Front Seats, Power Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start System and Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars ($595.00)
QuadraTrac II® 4x4 Group: 3.55 Axle Ratio, Quadra-Trac® II Full-Time Active 4WD System, Skid Plate Group and Trail Rated Badge ($770.00)
QuadraDrive II® 4x4 Group: Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Front Axle, Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle, Quadra-Drive® 4WD System and Skid Plate Group ($720.00)
Engine Block heater ($40.00)
Premium Front & Rear Floor Mats with Logo ($30.00)
P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires ($190.00)
Rear Air Conditioning with Heater ($610.00)
Trailer Tow Group - Class II ($180.00)
Trailer Tow Group - Class IV ($255.00)

The following options are NOT available on Rocky Mountain editions:
5.7-L Hemi engine
Navigation Radio "REC" (Dealer-installed option)

Also, on the V6, adding QTII changes the axle ratio from 3:07 to 3:55. If one were to swap the transfer case, QTI to QTII, this might also be a consideration. :eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
389 Posts
My '08 RME is a 4.7 L. (305 base hp) w/ the 3.55:1 gears....runs like a champion...especially after the "extras" I've added. I'd really like to race a HEMI from stop to 60 mph just as a fun test. Anybody in the NC Ohio area willing to give me my wish? :)

·
Banned
389 Posts
It'll run even better if you take that restrictor out of your intake ;)
R U talkin' to me? There is no restrictor in an '08 and up's intake. :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts