Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Going back to the old discussion, some people are refering to Rocky Road Lift as 2.5" and others as 2.25"... which one is it??

do u have the link to the website to buy them?

Any problem with EPS system with a 2.5"?

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Honestly it doesnt make a difference wether its 2.5 or 2.25. Your really not going to notice 1/4 difference.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Having just installed one, I can tell you it is in fact a 2.25’’ lift. But and however… that’s the rear measurement. The rear spacer is exactly two and a quarter inches tall.

The front end has a little more lift because it tends to level out the rig somewhat. The tire to fender well spacing on my XK went from 3.25 inches to about 6.5 inches. The rear is now about 7 inches.

One really nice thing about the Rocky Road kit is they do NOT mess with spring rates. Your ride quality stays as it is now. They use what are called ‘’outboard’’ spacers on the front end. That means the spacer fits on the end of the McPherson strut and does not change the spring loading at all. The inboard type compresses the front spring which make for a stiff front end.

The Rocky Road front spacer is only about 1.25’’ tall because the lower A-arm leverage increases the lift verse spacer height.

Here’s a link to the lift I just completed:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7812

1 - 4 of 4 Posts