Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the dfw area. I am wanting to purchase/install a lift on my 06 xk 4.7. I have been searching and searching for a site for rr, but i cant seem to find one, anywhere. Do they have a website?

Also, any input from you guys on which is better is appreciated too. It seems from everything i've read so far, the revtek levels, while the rr will still have a slight rake (down to the front) look to it. Is this correct?

And i'd love to meet up with anybody in the dfw area and do some trails or something, if there are any around here.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
http://www.rocky-road.com/commander.html

There is your link to the RR lift. Overall I have used the Daystar, and Revtek lift and both seem good. I liked the Revtek as it uses aluminum spacers in the front where the Daystar did not. I am pretty happy with the lift but I am hoping to come up with a plan that will allow me to give the "Raked" appearance to the XK>

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I love my Rocky Road lift but the spacers have been a concern for some. Does RevteK use metal or poly spacer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ak...i am wanting something that i can do myself in my driveway over the weekend. Did you install any/all of your lifts? I have an extra vehicle, so time wont make much of a difference.

And to any body else out there, any notes or tricks that you used to install your lifts would be helpful too!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Does RevteK use metal or poly spacer?
Poly in the back, Aluminum in the front with these additional 1/2" bolt spacers which you can leave out to get stance I presume.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thanks ak...i am wanting something that i can do myself in my driveway over the weekend. Did you install any/all of your lifts? I have an extra vehicle, so time wont make much of a difference.

And to any body else out there, any notes or tricks that you used to install your lifts would be helpful too!
I did it in about 4 hours. Make sure you have spring compressors and Jack stands. The hardest part was the left rear. What I recommend doing is compressing the spring to remove and place back inplace versus removing any more bolts then the instruction calls for if your axle doesnt drop far enough. Mine was prevented from dropping due to the gas tank shield which stopped the tracton bar.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, i havent looked at the rusty's. Whats the difference in the two, if any?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
No, i havent looked at the rusty's. Whats the difference in the two, if any?
Nothing really. I haven't heard anyone have problems with the Rusty's rear spacers like they did with the RR rear spacers.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have Rusty's 2 inch lift. I'm happy with it. Have had it since about November 08 I think. I put a lot of miles on. No problems so far. I think on RR lift there was some discussion about whether to put them on the bottom or top of the rear springs. I don't remember what the final better install option was, but it is on the forum somewhere. Other than the debacle about top or bottom of the springs on RR, I think the 2 inch lifts are all about the same and most folks are happy with their choice and the results.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Someone from the forum recommended to me not to get Rusty's shocks. His lift is available with or without shocks. I'm going to put on Bilsteins later when I need them. Running stock original shocks now (still) with 56,000 miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more question i have. Can i get the spacers to use for the original wheels? I was checking the tires yesterday, and two are about shot...other two at about 40%, may end up doing this sooner than expected. I would like to even the tires up with the fender flares. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
One more question i have. Can i get the spacers to use for the original wheels? I was checking the tires yesterday, and two are about shot...other two at about 40%, may end up doing this sooner than expected. I would like to even the tires up with the fender flares. Any ideas?
1.5" spidertrax will get you a little past the fender flares. 1.25" should get you right at the flares. I don't think spidertrax makes the 1.25".

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
1.5" spidertrax will get you a little past the fender flares. 1.25" should get you right at the flares. I don't think spidertrax makes the 1.25".
I called Spidertrax when I purchased mine, they do make both but did recommend the 1.5"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts