Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, finished up the RR lift this week, the front end alignment and completed the front bull bar....... hope you like, totally changes the look of these Commanders. pics to follow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Did you do the RR lift alone, or with the DT8000 shocks?

Mine just shipped, sans shocks. I will install the shocks later most likely. I requested that they just send out what they have so I can get it done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sure looks better with the stock tires and rims than i thought it would. How does it drive at Highway speeds lifted 2 1/2 inches higher?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cardog,

Does it rub anywhere with the stock rims? Did you end up using a spacer? If so, how much of one?

That thing looks awesome with the stock equipment on it. Good looking rig. Keep us up to date on improvements or problems.

Bob

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cardog, I'm very interested in your brush guard/light setup -- would you mind going into some detail about what lights you chose, how hard it was to wire, where you put the switch, etc?

Looks great!

thanks,

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I shimmed the bump stop, for the steering.........basically limiting the steering radius...(a little) a whole lot safer than wheel spacers. The grill guard is a factory Mopar piece that I added tabs to, for some factory Wrangler fog lights that are wired to a micro switch in the cubby hole left of the steering wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts