Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my RR lift on this weekend....Front went ok, but the rear was another story.Followed the destructions....I think RR let a 3rd grader write em up.
Ended up just dropping the whole axle to put in spring spacers.
Anyhoo Commanda looks like a Jeep now.

·
Super Moderator
15,187 Posts
Pics ?....?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Glad you got it done

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
foolishmortal said:
Got my RR lift on this weekend....Front went ok, but the rear was another story.Followed the destructions....I think RR let a 3rd grader write em up.
Ended up just dropping the whole axle to put in spring spacers.
Anyhoo Commanda looks like a Jeep now.
I had exactly the same experience when I did my RR lift. By following their instructions, I only got frustrated. Glad you got it done!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I installed the RR lift my self as well. I found that the instructions were really poor and did not help very much. For anyone planning the lift in the future here is what helped me for the rear. Once the shock and sway bar have been disconnected. Disconnect the left upper control arm, raise and support the right rear tire. Once the tire is off the ground remove the tire. It makes it easier to remove the spring and install the spacer if you jack the vehicle all the way up from a point outside of the spring. It allows the axle to pivot better on the right spring. I had very little trouble with the rear by doing this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i know i ended up using two floor jacks for most of the install. I found putting one under the frame and the other under the axle of control arm made things pretty easy when it came time to line everything back up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts