Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocky Road lift kit rear bushing failure

My wife was insisting that her Commander seemed shorter. I couldn't think of how that could be.....and didn't have time to look at it in the daylight ( seriously....i work like a slave ) so, today....I did have time, and had to agree with her. It looked like a stock XK in the back. The front seemed fine...and maybe that made it harder to tell if the back was changed. SO. tonight, i pulled my car up behind it and had a look under thar.
right side:

left side:

10 months old.....never even had it off road. I'll let you know how RR stands behind their stuff.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Most likely they will say that it was a problem due to the install... And I was pricing those... May have to go a diferent road...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That's why I want to go with the 4" lift when I have the cash, just seems to be better built.

·
Registered
564 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
That's why I want to go with the 4" lift when I have the cash, just seems to be better built.

The OME / Old Man Emu suspension seems like a good option too, I'm waiting on a local shop to get back to me on a price for their kit. It seems like all the problems from the spacers wheels/lift are starting to show up...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am interested in their response. I have done some tough stuff with mine with no difficulty so far.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
RW save your cash and get the 4". And soon we will have some off road racing UCA's w/ uniball joints to replace the OEM...

They will look something like these:

LumberJim sorry to hear about that failure. Both sides busted...seems very odd.

Thant's fun phone call to make...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Phunkeydude said:
RW save your cash and get the 4". And soon we will have some off road racing UCA's w/ uniball joints to replace the OEM...

Now that is very cool.

That is the lift I would like to have. I have been debating on which way I should go. Once this uniball modification is made, I think I will go with the 4".

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I am going to take a look at my spacers now since I also have the RR lift. The ride height seems to be good with me so I don't think there is a problem....yet. I think that if there was going to be something happen it would have already. I do alot of towing with my XK and the spacers have held up fine. Like many other things it is possible for one part out of a million to be defective. They may have had a bad run of poly spacers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got my Daystar 2" lift yesterday, i hope i dont have probs like this down the road. Yet again i dont do serious off roading, just little stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Phunkeydude said:

Phunkey, that's the plan. Those ball joints look very stout, they should handle what we throw at them.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thats exactly why i would never buy a spacer lift and just save up the extra money and do it right the first time with the OME Lift!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They're very cool about it, and will be sending me new bushings today. I've got him checking to make sure they're in stock, and that they can overnight them. My jeep guy can replace them tomorrow.

07, i looked at ome's site, but didnt see an xk application. link? and how much$$$?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Look for a WK application, its the same thing. Do a search on our site, there are a couple of threads with the part numbers listed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rear poly spacers or bushings failed on my wife's commander also. We have had the RR lift for only 5 months and have not had it offroad. The left side broke in half and the right side is compressed. Very unnerving.

I am emailing them this morning to get another set sent to us.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts