Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XK 4.7L 4x4 (QT1) Flex-Fuel Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 weeks ago I ordered the OME spring/shock lift kit. Didn't hear from them in about a week. Sent an email asking about tracking.

They said they have half the parts, (2 springs, 2 shocks) but the other struts and springs are OTW, and will be here next week. (Like, tomorrow or Friday.)

INSTEAD, I get a call from them and they tell me it is going to be 8 to 10 weeks before they get them in from Australia. WTF!?

So, did they NOT KNOW that they were 2 MONTHS behind or did they deliberately lie to me to string me along? Whatever the reason, I have concluded their company is $#!+. I can't ever imagine my business keeping customers if I had that kind of service. Sadly, it seems some businesses are content to have clients because there are no other options, so they can treat them like crap, which is straight shameful.

I have seen prior complaints about their tardiness, but figured if they actually made a promise/claim, they'd keep it. Now, I don't even know if I can trust them.

They claim demand is high, but they don't seem to be reordering until they are already bare-shelved and backordered, which is a great way for a small company to function with too little working capital to actually perform their supposed services, as long as they don't mind F***ing their customers in the @$$.

The complaints about them existed before the pandemic, and it gives them a great excuse... but who doesn't order stock ahead of time if you know you will run out?

Tonight, I am going to light a black candle made of unpaptized baby fat, and pray to Satan for their bankruptcy. I hope you can join is putting that energy out there with me.

Regards,
Drew

PS - JUST KIDDING about the composition of the candle and the Satan stuff. I was just looking to be as dramatically intense as my frustration is! ;-)

·
Registered
Jeep Commander 2007 QD2 5.7 Hemi Limited Premium
4 Posts
Well I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. Purchased instead at Quadratec. WK Grand Cherokee is same suspension as XK Commander.

Enjoy

AS YOU CAN SEE HERE IT SHOWS THE SAME SPEC FOR BOTH WK AND XK

Here is a link to the application catalog

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 XK 4.7L 4x4 (QT1) Flex-Fuel Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I ordered them from 4wheelparts.com, and they got here today.
RRO called me yesterday to again tell me "most" of my order woukd be ready, except rear springs...so... it isn't ready!?) and they still don't know the wait.
They are definitely frustrating. I wish them well, but O don't know how a biz like that lasts...

(Particularly with a 1998-2002 styled website)
;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts