Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at all these lifts and they seem to all have differences in manufacturing, parts and installation. Some of you have said that your Rocky Road is more like a 3"-3.5" lift. And I have not heard a ton of feedback on the performance, installation, reliability of these other various lifts. I am asking this because they are all different prices and I want to be educated before I buy. I am looking at Bridgestone REVOs size 255/70/17 with the Spidertrax spacers. I know PolarBZ has the same setup but his pics are no longer available. I would appreciate input or a link to your lift pictures or pics of your REVOS. Just point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I was running the Skyjacker 2.25" budget boost spacer lift and wasn't impressed by the quality or ride height. The spacer lift replaces the factory spring isolators and the front end has a hollow thumping sound when hitting bumps in the road, making it sound like the front end is loose. It also doesn't level the truck or appear to give a full 2.25" of lift, and the truck wallowed a lot in the front.

The Terraflex works better in my opinion. It gives a true 2" of lift and levels the truck nicely, and doesn't require replacing the OEM isolators. I recommend replacing the OEM shocks with Bilsteins or similar when having the lift installed so that you're not topping out the OEM shocks during normal driving. They also ride and handle better than the OEM shocks, especially with larger tires.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys I am looking for some solid input here. I know there is a sticky above this but it still doesnt tell me a ton other than what everyones running. And many of the posts were guys that didnt install their lift yet.

Tell me about your lift!! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
There is plenty of information about lifts on the Forum--all you have to do is look.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
My pics aren't available?! Damn, must have changed some links... I'll throw a few up here in a bit.

Here's what they look like muddy...

What else do you want to see?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Ok, one of two more...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I gotta tell you... the "muddy" shot, made the wheels look like they were painted a dark gunmetal/black color... looks REALLY good up against that silver.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
No spacers. I thought it would be safer and stronger without them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There we go, good pictures, those will be the tires I go with. Thanks for the Link to the RR. I am still looking into BDS like that ShredX has. Thanks for you guys that help, the search doesnt give me exactly what im looking for without really having to spend time on it.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Ok, one of two more...
What is a Horizontal Inclinometer?

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
What is a Horizontal Inclinometer?
Well, when you google it you get this:

Horizontal inclinometers are used to obtain high resolution profiles of settlement or heave. Typical applications include monitoring settlement and heave under storage tanks, embankments, dams, and landfills.

But I think he has a vertical inclinometer mounted to show the angle when one side is higher than the other. IE. driving along a hill horizontally instead of going up toward the top.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Ok, actually I put in two bubble-type inclinometers. They are really very basic instruments. I put one on the front dash to indicate the amount of horizontal lean I have (so I don't roll over - or at least know at which degree of angle I was at when I did so I don't do it again) and I have a vertical one ready to put up, I just haven't found just the right spot to do it. That one will be for measuring the angle of rise or depression going up or down hills.

I got them because I wasn't very good at seeing where the magic 30 degree tilt was before I got into the "rolling" danger zone was (horizontally). And it makes the wife less afraid if she can "see" how far we are from maybe tipping over. =)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
RR looks similar to Teraflex.
Rusty's also looks the same.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Really, they are all just spacers - hard to make too many styles of spacers. I suppose the real test is the quality of the parts, not necessarily the parts themselves. When I get rich(er), I'll be upgrading to the 4" - hopefully they'll have the computer programming ready when I do.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts