Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Brendon asked if their wr anyone who would reconcider their lift.
from what i did see everyone was pritty happy .....but some mentioned that if they had a chance to do it over they would have gone with OME insted of RR lift and i see 2" and 2.25 and also 2.5 ....which one will give me a 2.5 and which is better RR or OME? :icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
RR is a 2.25 lift, they are both good but the reports on the OME are very promising as they have not reported any failures to date on the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
With the two lifts your pretty much comparing apples to oranges. Hands down the OME lift is much better then any other 2-2.5 inch lift on the market, with the only exception being the price. The only reason i went with the BDS is because i got the whole kit for $145 shipped to my door. I was dead set on an OME lift but i just couldnt pass up that price. I do wish i had the OME sometimes since it comes with all new shocks and lifted springs but at the same time im looking at getting a superlift in the near future.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
With the two lifts your pretty much comparing apples to oranges. Hands down the OME lift is much better then any other 2-2.5 inch lift on the market, with the only exception being the price. The only reason i went with the BDS is because i got the whole kit for $145 shipped to my door. I was dead set on an OME lift but i just couldnt pass up that price. I do wish i had the OME sometimes since it comes with all new shocks and lifted springs but at the same time im looking at getting a superlift in the near future.
I am in the same boat. I got the Skyjacker 2.25 lift, but I decided to hold off on it. (I am probably going to just sell it) I really want to get the Superlift so i am just going to hold out for that one. If you are not going to fork out the money for the Superlift, I would suggest the OME if you can afford that one.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I suggest a hybrid lift. The RR front strut spacers a good strong item and you don't even have to disassemble the strut to install them. The rear I suggest the OME springs and longer shocks, the XK seems to need a heavy capacity spring in the rear that you can get from OME.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the price of the ome and whats the superlift and how much is that?? so does the ome need for me take stuff apart or is it bolt on?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Superlift is approx. $1900
OME is believe was between $800-1000 (cant rember)

These are approximates, if you go on the sites you can get exact pricing. The OME kit does require the disassembly of suspension components

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The superlift is a 4" lift.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have absolutely no problems with my RR kit its 2.5 inches and believe me it has taken a serious beating.. even caught air a few times with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts