Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2,248 Posts
It certainly does not seem to be too expensive. As long as it is sturdy enough to hold up to use it should be ok. It mounts with U bolts according to the description. If you do get it let us know how well constructed it is. Most roof racks cost quite a bit more. It might be a bargain or it might be a throw away. Hopefully it will last thru your trip.

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It certainly does not seem to be too expensive. As long as it is sturdy enough to hold up to use it should be ok. It mounts with U bolts according to the description. If you do get it let us know how well constructed it is. Most roof racks cost quite a bit more. It might be a bargain or it might be a throw away. Hopefully it will last thru your trip.
Are U bolts normally how roof baskets are mounted or is this a bad way to mount a basket. I'm definitely leaning this way as other ones even used are way more than this one new. would gladly post a review if I get it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Are U bolts normally how roof baskets are mounted or is this a bad way to mount a basket.
U-bolts will work fine!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I am not fond of U bolts for this application because of the shape of the
cross bar oval vs the U shape.

Yakima makes various mounts.

Vertical Mount

Mount2

This is my favorite because of multiple applications:

Universal Mount

These will fit the shape of the bar. I had a set of Mighty Mounts for sale but i ended up using them on a rack mount.

Dicks sporting goods & many bicycle shops sell them.

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok after lots of thought I placed my order for the RAGE roof basket the cheaper option :headbang: First reason, obviously the cost money is tight. But I couldn't resist the opportunity to maybe find a cheaper basket that might be as good as some of the other ones out there and the size is good to. My fear, taking it out of the box and putting it right back in and sending back.:icon_redface: It's coming UPS ground from WI so when it gets here I'll take pics put same weight on it then go thumping down the trail and see how it holds up.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Moved the comments regarding the MC trip to the tread with that video to keep this thread on the topic of a Roof Basket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts