Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a Stacker Trailer to carry both the Commander and the Mustang behind the Motor Home.

The Commander fits under the Mustang in the stacker but will certainly not fit with the roof pod on it. I could store it but I doubt that I will ever put it back on so I thought I should sell it to someone that could use the extra storage for their Commander. I usually give this kind of thing away but I thought I would try to sell it instead.

It has the factory locking roof bars and it is the larger of the two factory roof pods.

I would prefer to have someone from the AZ, (Phoenix) area get it because I do not want to ship it.

There are bolts that go up onto the bottom of the roof pod to secure it from the inside. The pod locks as does the cross bars so it is hard to steal it from the top of the Commander.

This is not an auction, I just want a resonable offer.

Here are some pictures.

[/IMG]

These are the locking sport bars, mine have the full strip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Would you concider selling just the roof bars and shipping to the UK please??l

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you concider selling just the roof bars and shipping to the UK please??l
If I sold the bars, there would not be any way to use the roof rack. It is not an issue about money. I will probably include them in the give away package at the next Camp Commander in the summer if I do not sell them together. Sorry.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The roof pod mounts on the locking sports bars that mount to the factory roof rails. There are pieces that fit into the factory rails that run the same direction as the long axis of the Commander. These pieces that secure the sports bar are included with the locking sports bar. BTW, the dealer price for the sports bar is not $158 but actually $254. $158 is a good deal for new bars from the dealer.

After asking the opinion of a few other forum members I am asking $150 for the locking bars with hardware and $250 for the factory roof pod. It is the larger of the two factory pods and sells for $500-$600.

I hope the buyer is local because of the size of the pod.

I am not in a hurry and if it does not sell it will probably be a door prize next Camp Commander.

Historically on this site the non locking bars are $100 and the locking bars have been listed for $150

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
$400 is a fair price for this set up. I am hurting due to a lift and tire swap coming up otherwise I would offer a price that would be comparative for sure.
Guys, Huey obviously takes care of his things so I bet this set up is in as good a shape as can be expected.

If I got the veterans discount, it would be free!

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gave the pod and Sports bars to Jon to either sell or to give away at Moab this summer. That is another good reason to go to Moab and maybe get them for free. They mount in a few minutes so you could take them home with you and use them to carry extra stuff.

I was happy with the setup, very quiet on the road, lots of space, and did not interfere with the Sat antenna. I took it off because it would not fit in the Stacker and I also have plenty of room for storage when traveling now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts