Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2008 that does not have the factory cross bars installed. I did a search on it and people have bought them for just over $100 but I can't find any now that are less then $250. Where is the best place to buy?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
ebay

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
From what I hear, ebay is the best place to find the roof rails.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
^ What he said

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
This might be a cheap way out for you since the OEM bars are $250 or more.

This place is where I bought my Surco rack: http://www.accessconnect.com/safari.htm

At the bottom of the page you'll see other parts etc. You'll need a J200 kit anyway to fit the bars to the XK’s roof rails. Get the ‘’S53 - 53" Crossbar $69.95’’ since that’s the same crossbars that come with their 50x60 inch rack. If you bought a 50x72 inch rack, you’d need that same kit to add extra crossbars.

The cross bars are strong extruded aluminum that are straight instead of arched like the OEM bars. The top section is made for T-nuts for mounting the rack and other stuff. If you can live with the straight-across bars instead of aerodynamic shaped arched bars, you can save $150+ on a set.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Occasionaly, someone on the forum will sell theirs, but who knows when that might happen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went to the dealer and got a set for $140. its a little more then the ones on ebay but after shipping its not a big difference, plus I get them tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I just went to the dealer and got a set for $140. its a little more then the ones on ebay but after shipping its not a big difference, plus I get them tomorrow.
That's a good price from the dealer. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Another satisfied customer!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I got my roof racks and grab handles off of ebay. My Mom is a Chrysler retiree so I got my slush mats, rear cargo tray, front tow hooks, tinted window vents and fog lights at the dealer because I can use her discount.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I bought a set from a member here on this forum. One arrived broken. UPS will only send the shipper a check for the damage. If uninsured, it will be $100. UPS sent the check to the shipper and I haven't seen a dime. In fact the club member who shipped it (I will not mention names), will not even email me now. I can't even use the set. So, be careful where you buy it and who you buy it from. In the end, it would have been cheaper for me to buy it from Chrysler.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I bought a set from a member here on this forum. One arrived broken. UPS will only send the shipper a check for the damage. If uninsured, it will be $100. UPS sent the check to the shipper and I haven't seen a dime. In fact the club member who shipped it (I will not mention names), will not even email me now. I can't even use the set. So, be careful where you buy it and who you buy it from. In the end, it would have been cheaper for me to buy it from Chrysler.
Go ahead and tell us his name. We need to know who not to do business with.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Go ahead and tell us his name. We need to know who not to do business with.
Or send me a PM and I will see what I can do, but if a member did what you say then we certainly do not want to do business with that member. There is a feedback thread in the buy/sell section as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
In the advanced search function I put "cross" in the Keyword area and "BADOS" in the Find Posts By User area. I was shocked at the results.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts