Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering about buying a defender rack, but i want the rack to fit the entire length of the commander, because if you get something small its makes it look bad. So i see the on the defenderrack website that they offer many sizes, which would be the best size to get to fill out the roof on the commander? I will be buying the light bar also, so i want my machine to look mean, im about to get stationed in arizona and will definately be hitting the trails, after some much needed work is done on the commander, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind i think im going to go with Yakima Megawarrior and extention, looks great and fills out the top of the commander just fine

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Never mind i think im going to go with Yakima Megawarrior and extention, looks great and fills out the top of the commander just fine
Good choice, That is what I have and I agree that it looks great.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Good choice, That is what I have and I agree that it looks great.
X2, my only complaint is that when i hit about 70ish and the rack is empty i get a deep hum that sounds almost like a subwoofer. I may need to re-adjust my crossbars to see if that helps or get an extra two for more support.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
X2, my only complaint is that when i hit about 70ish and the rack is empty i get a deep hum that sounds almost like a subwoofer. I may need to re-adjust my crossbars to see if that helps or get an extra two for more support.
I have never experienced the "hum" but you could also flip the visor down and see if that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you think this rack would look chromed out? I was also thinking about getting it chromed, but haven't made that decision yet, i still want the function to stay the same but would like to jazz up the apperance a bit.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
How do you think this rack would look chromed out? I was also thinking about getting it chromed, but haven't made that decision yet, i still want the function to stay the same but would like to jazz up the appearance a bit.
If you have a lot of chrome and you like that look it might look okay. For me (and I like chrome) that would be too much since it is such a large item.

·
1,993 Posts
How do you think this rack would look chromed out? I was also thinking about getting it chromed, but haven't made that decision yet, i still want the function to stay the same but would like to jazz up the apperance a bit.
Not sure if you chromed it out it would still be functional without costing you money as you scratched and scuffed it up. You could chrome out the accessories you plan on attaching to it. Not sure about your intended use of your XK but I hit my rack regularly on the trails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the only think rugged im allowed to throw on this thing will be a rack, and maybe a bully bar, my wife doesn't want a full out offroad commander like i do, so im trying to keep her please with the rack, but she said she would like it more if it were chrome or stainless...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the only think rugged im allowed to throw on this thing will be a rack, and maybe a bully bar, my wife doesn't want a full out offroad commander like i do, so im trying to keep her please with the rack, but she said she would like it more if it were chrome or stainless...
if you want stainless you better have a truckload of money to lay down for it... lol.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
There is a Commander here in Ft Wayne that has a rack about the size of the Rola Rack, but the side rails appered to be made out of a large diameter anodized aluminum, and the rest of the rack was black powder coat. It looked good, but I never got close enough to see who made it, and I have yet to find it searching the internet. It looked like it was made for water sports, but I could be wrong.:eek:rangehat:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts