Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You loosen the knobs as though you were going to slide the rack forward or back, but you'll need to get them looser yet. There is a hook or claw that goes down in the channel and turns out toward the side of the vehicle. Once you have the knob loose enough that the hook will rattle around a bit, just experiment with loosening, wiggling, and lifting on the cross bar until it lifts. You really need two people to do the actual removing because if you don't have one on each side, the bars are very ungainly and you may well leave some souvenirs behind in your paint.

Hope that helps,
Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, there's some wind noise, so we thought we'd take them off and see if that helps. It may be those, or it may be the things over the windows that have been added to it. It doesn't sound like window noise, but more like something on the outside.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the instructions. We're stilll waiting on the owner's manual from the dealer, so we're full of questions.

One more - there is some kind of jack in the little storage area (maybe wallet sized) in front of the gear shift. Is that my mp3 jack? If not, what is it?

BTW, I'm still getting about 18.7. We've driven it about 3,000 miles in two weeks.

Katy

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Do you have the Sirius Radio? I have only been in my Jeep once since I bought it so I have need seen that jack, I have NAV and was told there is no jack for vehicles with NAV.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Do you have the Sirius Radio? I have only been in my Jeep once since I bought it so I have need seen that jack, I have NAV and was told there is no jack for vehicles with NAV.
Thats correct. The REC navigation system has no jack. The RER system (probably appear in 2008 XKs) has a front audio jack and a USB port.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the built-in sirius and the nav. So what is that in there? If you put your hand into the compartment, there is definitly some kind of plug on the right end.

Katy

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
joskt0204 said:
I have the built-in sirius and the nav. So what is that in there? If you put your hand into the compartment, there is definitly some kind of plug on the right end.

Katy
I will have to look in there tonight... drove the Cherokee today.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I looked in mine and found a phillips screw, I did not take the screw out but I would not think they would stick a screw into a MP3 Plug to keep you from using it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
I looked in mine and found a phillips screw, I did not take the screw out but I would not think they would stick a screw into a MP3 Plug to keep you from using it.
I looked and found the same thing. I did not take the screw out either.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe the screw has been taken out of mine? It is definitely a indention of some sort. I haven't looked with a flashlight, but it sure doesn't feel like a screw.

Katy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts