Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and previous posts said that positions 1 and 5 or 1 and 4 is the correct position for the roof rails. Just had mine installed and they put them in 1 and 4. The problem is that in position 1, they somewhat obstruct the view from the back seat looking up and out the skylights.

Do they have to be in position 1? Do they have to be in the various 5 positions marked on the side by the arrows or can they be placed anywhere? Would like to move the rails up/forward a bit so as not to obstruct the view.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
They get locked into position in those five locations not a problem unless you have a load on them which may cause them to shift on starts and stops, not good. 1 and 4 are susposed to keep the wind noise down, you need to experiment in other positions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just removed mine. I didn't like that they obstructed the rear sunroofs either and figured it might give a fraction better gas mileage, which certainly can't hurt. They just unscrew and reinstall easily and store in the corner of the garage, so maybe it's worth considering on yours. Have a good one...

Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts