Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Commander brethren - In my recently purchased commander, I see the is a rotating portion of the left hand steering wheel stalk switch.

The headlamps/fog lamp is the outer control and this inner rotating control seems to imply it controls all back lighting illumination intensity for cluster/center display (radio/hvac) and door switches and at the full end or travel maybe even causes the interior (overhead/side) lights to come on

Well, mine rotates, but it does nothing in any position.

Has anyone a clue on why this is?

Have you seen this before?

Have you fixed this before?

Ill appreciate any advice you have if it leads me to a fix.

Thanks in advance.

:smile2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Hello Commander brethren - In my recently purchased commander, I see the is a rotating portion of the left hand steering wheel stalk switch.

The headlamps/fog lamp is the outer control and this inner rotating control seems to imply it controls all back lighting illumination intensity for cluster/center display (radio/hvac) and door switches and at the full end or travel maybe even causes the interior (overhead/side) lights to come on

Well, mine rotates, but it does nothing in any position.

Has anyone a clue on why this is?

Have you seen this before?

Have you fixed this before?

Ill appreciate any advice you have if it leads me to a fix.

Thanks in advance.
Pulling the end of that lever outward turns your fog lights on pushing it back in turns them off.

You are correct about the inner rotating ring - it is a dimmer switch for all of your dash/instrument lights and turning it all the way forward until it clicks turns on all of the interior lights.

If none of those functions are working properly, I'd guess that you have a bad switch which will most likely need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts