Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try replacing your front sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Clunk" is not a noise I would associate with a CV joint. How exactly have you ascertained that the inner and outter CV joints are causing this noise? Do you have a small person under there while driving? ;) Seriously though. After the installation of a lift kit a person could find new noises all over the place, from any number of reasons.

Is your vehicle very high mileage already and thus the CVs are almost gone, and introducing this additional angle caused a noise? But again...a rotating CV joint going bad does not deliver a "clunk."

Regardless of your opinion of the appearance of the front sway bar bushings, you do need to replace them with a polyurethane version. Period end of story. As does ANY commander owner. Available at NAPA.

I would be looking elsewhere for the clunk. Did you install new struts/isolators with the lift? How about ball joints? Upper Control arm bushings? Is the clunk when going over a bump? Details???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks 4 help..
jeep commander 2007 . (8) . 4wd . 4.7 ....113.000 miles
I'm very sure of that clunk comes from CVs axles.. exactly from inner front CVs lift and Right ..
i Didnt install struts/isolators with the lift.. i only installed RC 2-inch lift kit

another question:
is the angle of CVs are normal ..as u see in the pictures ?
Are all the cars that put 2" lift kit gets like these angles on CV axle ?/

thanks agAin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Angle is typical, should not cause issue. I know of no reason why CV should be bad at 113K. I hear ya, but still would look elsewhere for the clunk. Like tightening everything. It is entirely possible the problem is a ball joint. At that mileage, they are probably worn out, and the lift put them to a new angle, and towards their limit. My money is on the ball joints .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am positive that its your sway bar bushings. they are known to go bad. cost for them is under 30$ worth changing and its an easy job as well. do 1 side at a time. Hopefully this solves your case!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank u all ... i fix it

i just replaced new cv joints right and left ... and every thing is fine now ..no clunk.. no noise

my first cv's were very old thats why they r clunk with 2' lif kit ..
but when i installed new CVs i forget the noise and clunk ..

thanks again guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts