Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for differential oil refreshment on my Jeep limited 5.7 4wd 2006.

I have seen many discussions about the right oil, and brought me to this point. Royal Purple 75w140 or Mobile 1?:scratchhead:

Please share some info if you used Royal purple 75w140 in the front or back diff.. on a 5.7 hemi quadra drive 2.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think the general consensus for the diffs. is to stick with OEM. Royal purple the engine oil or mobile one has great reviews too but I had mine done, stuck with stock and haven't had a problem with pretty well only that area of my jeep.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think the general consensus for the diffs. is to stick with OEM. Royal purple the engine oil or mobile one has great reviews too but I had mine done, stuck with stock and haven't had a problem with pretty well only that area of my jeep.
OEM: The thing is: I have never seen a oil rig or refinery with a Mopar logo on it, that's why I ask if any has used Royal purple, because the visco levels between royal and mobile 75-140 are close. I'm more curious for the long run and cold weather influence.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Its time for differential oil refreshment on my Jeep limited 5.7 4wd 2006.

I have seen many discussions about the right oil, and brought me to this point. Royal Purple 75w140 or Mobile 1?:scratchhead:

Please share some info if you used Royal purple 75w140 in the front or back diff.. on a 5.7 hemi quadra drive 2.
Whatever you decide to use be sure to add the Mopar friction modifier.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm running Amsoil and no problems, and echoing the above posts, use the friction modifier. I'm using the Amsoil version of that, too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I run Mobil 1 + friction modifier. 121,xxx miles without issue.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Running quaker state with modifier in mine.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Mobil 1

135,000 miles with no issues. I have ran it since my first oil change in both the front and rear diffs.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I am running Royal Purple for last 20,000 miles with added modifer - no problems

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bottom line, as long as you keep up on your change intervals you will not have a problem with any of the three (Amsoil, Royal Purple or Mobil 1). I've run both Amsoil & R. P., no problems... The only thing I would recomend is to stick with the proper Mopar diff fluid. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm running regular old Oreillys gear lube, 80-90wt front and 75-140 rear, no friction modifier. I have the rare Hemi without electronic LSD.

I change my gear lube every 15k since I tow with my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Mobil 1 with friction modifier 95k front and rear no problems.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just did both front and rear diff yesterday. I have always used Chevron 80-140 synthetic with no friction modifiers and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact the rear diff had quite a bit of mud water in there after being under water and hydro-locking on a trail about three weeks back. That stuff was good enough to keep the gears going and I never felt any negative difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts