Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2007 Commander 4.7 that i just bought with 45000 miles on it. I figured that the axle fluid has never been changed and that i had better change it. I have read really good things about Royal Purple and want to know your opinion. I believe i have the QTII. According to the Royal Purple website i do not need to add friction modifier additive to there product, what do you think? ... If you think i should still add the friction modifier addivtive to the rear axle what kind should i use and how much? How many quarts of gear oil am i going to need?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not the same rear end but at one point I used the Valvoline, or something that said FM was not necessary, I had clutch chatter, tried some aftermarket FM and still, clutch chatter, it wasn't until I put in the MOPAR stuff that it went away.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you have QTII as opposed to QDII you have open (no internal clutch type) differentials.
So, in this case, no friction modifiers are needed.

Rob
I know it doesnt make any sense but the dealer told me that the rear differential in QT II needs friction modifier due to some viscous coupler or something. I think thats there way of making more money by selling you the friction modifier.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thats what I tried telling the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts