Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have not used Royal Purple in my Commander but know a few guys that used it in their vehicles without any issues. (non commander) I am a Moble 1 Synthetic / Redline Synthetic guy. I have always used them and never had a single problem!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use mobile one synthetic in my motor. i love the stuff.

i'm thinking about using royal purple in my tranny, transfer case, and axles.

one of my friends, friends tried it in his drag car. he started out with regular fluids in his engine, tranny, and rear axle. then he changed them all to royal purple at the drag race, his ET's went up each time there after.

·
Registered
735 Posts
ya i had a 2000 mr2 spyder and i changed everything to royal purple in that car.. I know it sounds weird but it knocked some time off my 1/4mile time and also shifted and ran alot smoother i am going to change over the fluids in my commander to royal purple. The only bad part is the price of the stuff. My pockets cant handle 8-10dollar qts of oil.lol and the trans fluid and diff and transfer case fluids your looking at probly 300 in fluids to change over the commander.. makes me want to cry.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Your not going to notice the difference in your axles wether you use mobil 1 synthetic or royal purple. You might notice the difference in a manual transmission with the smoothness of shifting gears. As for the engine i really dont see you racing a commander so it wont matter what type of synthetic fluid you use. I know that Mobil 1 is used at the dealer so they cant give me any hassle about it. When I had my Mazda the dealer tried giving me problems since i was using redline in the tranny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts