Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This recently just started happening. Whenever I come to a stop light or anything and the commander is in drive or in park the RPM needle will start to jump up and down a little bit.

Any idea what is causing this???

·
Registered
405 Posts
Try replacing the throttle position censor, its on the intake, mine would fluctuate when i would start my commaner up all the time then calm down, now i don't have that problem anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm having the same problem but it only does it when the AC is on. I already replaced the idle air control valve so I know that's not the issue.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm having the same problem but it only does it when the AC is on. I already replaced the idle air control valve so I know that's not the issue.

You should try replacing the Throttle position cesnor that is just 38dlls so not that expensive, give that a try. And thank you jasmat for the diagram.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I actually just picked one up for ****s and giggles. Cost $32. It probably needs to be replaced anyways even if it doesn't fix the idle problem. I have almost 133,000 miles on my jeep and its never been replaced. I'll install at tonight after work

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just swapped it out. Took only a few minutes. I'll let you guys know if it fixes the issue

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It's looks like the Throttle Position Sensor fixed the idling issue I was having.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah me to cause it was really starting to piss me off. I love AC in the summer and was sick of the idling issue when ever the AC was on. Not sure how they relate but it fixed the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts