Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting the rocky road 2.5 lift. I have seen some that did not like the shocks they sent. Did anyone get the Ranchero shocks? How were those if you did? Also did anyone leave their front suspension stock and how did that work? Thanks for any help trying to figure out before I purchase.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I like my bilsteins. Shocks are just one of those things, everyone prefers something different.

The Rancho adjustable shocks are probably an excellent choice as it allows you to dial in your preference. I seriously considered those on two different vehicles. It appears that when you purchase them with the kit you only get adjustable REAR shocks, it also appears that struts are an additional add on (assuming your buying from here http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-commander-lift-kit.html) and OME front struts would be an excellent choice.

Interestingly, RRO lift with ranchos and OME struts is ~$550 and full OME is $790. Not too much more for the "better" setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My buddy and I were looking at this also. Any thoughts on leaving the front suspension stock for now? Really hard to afford it all right now. Won't be doing any real serious off road until I get a skid for the transfer case and gas tank so.most light off road and daily driving.

·
Registered
405 Posts
also OME have a 100dllr discount right now on 4xguard website with the code OMEblackFriday2014 good until the 6th.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks. My buddy and I were looking at this also. Any thoughts on leaving the front suspension stock for now? Really hard to afford it all right now. Won't be doing any real serious off road until I get a skid for the transfer case and gas tank so.most light off road and daily driving.
You want to run stock struts? You can do that. Since it is a spacer that installs between the strut and strut mount you dont need a longer strut. If your factory struts are in fine shape there is no need to replace them. The rears however will be a problem, so they should be replaced with a longer shock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Think I'm gonna go with that rr and leave the struts stock. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts