Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I decide to install my RR lift that's been sitting in my garage for the past 2 years, I wanted to fish for any possible long term problems current users might have experienced.

Has anyone had any premature wear with the driveshafts, suspension, etc.. that I should be made aware of before I decide to install my lift?

I would hate to install the lift then find out 20k miles later that I need to replace my driveshafts because of the increased angle. That's just one example but has anyone ran into similar problems like this regarding any other components on the Commander?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I haven't had my lift on for too long, but I really don't foresee any problems in the future. It's not much of a lift at all, really, so I don't see anything being extreme enough to cause any real problems.

I could be COMPLETELY wrong though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I need new tires for the lift, I've been waiting for the original tires to wear out before I upgrade. Besides, I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the Commander but thankfully, things worked out and I'm able to hang on to her.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
You don't necessarily NEED new tires for the lift... it just looks better with 'em.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't let his wife know that!!! :D

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i got the tires before the lift.

i'm like. honey the tires won't fit without a lift. what should we do?

so, now the lift is coming. eventually

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
4.7commander said:

That's a good one!!! :D

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
thank-you. its like the winch. well, that was more of a i want to get into business. and its a great way.

she has finally agreed to let me do what i want with me owning my own business.

i feel i'll be much happier doing what i like and making money at it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great job sweet talkin the wifey.. I'm still trying to perfect that skill.

·
Registered
283 Posts
4.7commander said:

Funny, that's what I did to. The icing on the cake was when I put a 2" lift on my TJ and parked it next to her Commander. I was then ORDERED to get the lift installed on her Jeep!

By the way, if and when your lift kit shows up, do a careful inventory of the parts. I was short 1/2 of the required nylock nuts to complete the install. They are a fine metric thread, not one I could find easily. He is shipping more, but I went with standard lock washers for now.

We also ordered superslider rock rails and they were short 4 of the self-tapping bolts.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
cico7 said:
It's never perfect, ya just get lucky once in a while.......(!)
cico7.....well said my man, well said.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts