Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my RR lift on and am impressed. I went with 0 offset 17x8's and 265/70/17 nitto terra grapplers. A little rub, not much. So little I am debating whether to even pound down the pinch welds...

Anyways. I was posting to say I love the lift but it certainly did NOT level the commander. I still have a rake and although it looks better all around and has LESS of a rake I still expected more up front. Anyone else feel the same way?

Anyways, my son and I going out to play in the mud while my wife is at her baby shower... Pics to come this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Cant wait to see :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Where are the pics? Did it really happen?

·
Registered
81 Posts
No, it never happened, I swear.

Rake is still there as you can see just not as bad. 1 inch lower in front than the back measured at the bottom ot the plastic 'rock rail' so to speak.

Looks nicer with a coat of mud on it by the way... I don't know why I don't do this more often.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good. I like the rims.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It took mine about twoo weeks to fully settle and it does have a slight rake, i measure 36 1/4 at the center of the front flare, 36 3/4 center of the rear flare. That tire wheel combo looks sweet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess we'll see how mine settles. Thanks for the rim comments. It wasn't that hard to pick out these considering there are only like 5 rims with the specs I was looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I see the problem...you're parked on a hill, lol.

Very nice job on the wheel/tire combo, looks great!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks very nice!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks pretty tough! I've had my Commander for 2 1/2 days now and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the RR lift - will probably order it in the next day or so. I also had planned on putting some Nitto Terra Grapplers on there once the stockers are worn out. What are your thoughts on the Nitto's so far?

How was the install of the lift?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XK drives awesome with this combo, just like stock. When I was mudding (obviously from the pics) and on some trails recently with the Nittos they did awesome as well. I have a VERY slight rub with a 360 degree turn of the steering whee that disappears at full lock. I don't think its worth trimming or even enough to rub through the wheel well.

As far as the install goes, I have a buddy that owns a Big O so his guys put on the lift for a few packs of beer. It took 2 of his guys about 4 hours to get it up and seemed like a pain in the a$$ at some parts (especially the rear). I would have liked to have helped more but in their shop I was more in the way than helping...

·
Registered
195 Posts
hey L.....i know you said a little rub - how bad really? you have tires qoted by RR but my local 4 wheel shop tells me that your tire size wont fit w/o cutting. I have RR lift myself and looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is MINOR RUB. No noticable wear to the tire and is just barely touches the wheel well. I am not going to trim anything at all, its really not that bad, more of a scuff than a rub. I've driven some other cars that rub badly and what I have is little to nothing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's really nothing to pound down the pinch welds and re-shape the wheel wells. It took me about 2.5 hours total from being clean to being clean again. I'm getting my new wheel/tire set Thurs!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts