Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stock wheels wont work with the bigger tires. The lift without the larger tires will make it look very out of porportion. I think there are a few pic's from an older thread of the RR lift with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Kelli said:
the stock wheels wont work with the bigger tires. The lift without the larger tires will make it look very out of porportion. I think there are a few pic's from an older thread of the RR lift with the stock wheels.
Oh yeah, you definitely wouldn't want to just lift it without swapping the tires. I just was curious if the stock wheels would rub on something (if you used a tire sized to fit the width of the stock wheels but larger diameter).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just was curious if the stock wheels would rub on something (if you used a tire sized to fit the width of the stock wheels but larger diameter).
The off-set on the stock wheels will definately NOT work with larger tires. I REALLY wanted to keep the origianl wheels, they look great, easy to clean and they look "JEEP" like.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That does look outstanding. Great photos also. Those tires look very nice - love the tread pattern. I particularly like the last photo of the wheel and tire - the wheel looks almost sureal, it shines nicely. That wheel really complements your vehicle too. Perfect choice.

I wanted to keep the stock wheels, so I drove out to www.wheeladapter.com and had some custom 6061 T6 aluminum adaptors fabricated by Fred and Kevin to allow proper clearance (1.25 inch spacer).

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Lanzendorfer said:
Does anyone know how much the speedometer is off with the 265/70's?
Using 265/70/17 tires on a Commander will result in a speedometer reading 3.6% too slow. If your speedometer indicates 60 mph, you'll actually be travelling 62.2 mph.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
Nice rig, cannot wait to get my RR lift installed (still on garage floor).

·
Registered
50 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Nice rig, cannot wait to get my RR lift installed (still on garage floor).
Ditto; I hoped my Teraflex lift would install itself if I leave it laying around the Jeep long enough, I guess I will have to do it myself ;)

Commander looks so much better with the lift.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
They just don't make parts like they used too! I remember when cars would tune themselves and change there own oil... Oh yea, that was me too wasn't it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
They just don't make parts like they used too! I remember when cars would tune themselves and change there own oil... Oh yea, that was me too wasn't it.
LOL........

Lift looks awesome, great comparison pics.

Can anyone with their lift kit laying on the floor take some detailed pics of the components? Also I would greatly appreciate the dimensions of the rear spacers.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
I can do that tomorrow if someone does not get to it sooner. I will also run a tape around before and after to see what the real lift measures in at.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
That looks fantastic! The wife isn't going to like shelling out the $$ for a 4" in the near future, but all signs point that direction!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts