Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

For those of you with the 2.25" RR lift where the rear poly spacers have failed or are worried it will fail, I contacted BDS about their lift.

They said they do not sell the rear spacers separately. However, if alot of us contact them and tell them we need the rear spacers, they are willing to sell us just the rear spacers.

Just some info. I have the replacement rear spacers from RR but am very hesitant to have them reinstalled if they will just fail again.

Thanks for the time...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Can you provide a person of contact so that we are all speaking too or e-mailing the same person?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes I would be on board. Lets get this going!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I was at OK4WD this morning picking up some parts and I asked about the OME rear springs for the OME kit. They told me I would be able to buy just the springs for the XK. The Heavy capacity spring is about $85.00ea from them. This will be the solution I take to my rear spacers WHEN they do fail.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I was at OK4WD this morning picking up some parts and I asked about the OME rear springs for the OME kit. They told me I would be able to buy just the springs for the XK. The Heavy capacity spring is about $85.00ea from them. This will be the solution I take to my rear spacers WHEN they do fail.
So are you saying that simply replacing the stock OEM spring and rear RR spacer with the new OME kit will provide the same lift in the back?

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is the main reason I got the OME kit and no a spacer kit, the OME kit gives you the lift by just adding longer/stroger springs...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The OME spring provides 2" of lift (if I am correct) If I decide I need the extra 1/4" the RR kit is supposed to have over this, then I will just add a 1/4" spacer to the spring. The OME heavy capacity spring may be all that I need.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thank you, IF my RR spacers fail I too will replace them with the OEM HD springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts