Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that bought a RR lift how long did it take to be shipped to you? I ordered mine 9 days ago and have not received a shipment confirmation. I emailed RR but have yet to get a response. If I don't hear anything from them by the end of the day I will call tomorrow. Is it normal for them to take so long to ship? I just think 9 days (and counting) is a little excessive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it took about 10-12days when i order that lift... I had to call them to get them moving....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah mine took about a week and a half, maybe it was two. I wasn't in a rush, I ordered them last month and dont plan on installing them for another couple of weeks. I figured I'd order while I had a little spare change lying around. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little update. I received a response to my email Friday 4/15 and it said the parts are made in-house and I should call to get a better idea of when it will be here. So on Tuesday 4/18, a full 2 weeks after ordering, I called and the guy told me they are waiting on the shock sleeves and it should be going out this week. Well it is now Saturday 4/23 and have not received a shipment notification. I have 5/7 set aside with a friend to get this done and I thought I would have it long before this.

I am not really impressed with Rocky Road's communication. Hopefully their product is a lot better. For those that may be ordering this lift make sure you order far enough in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a similar story for the Old EMU kit I ordered from them on march 28th. They accepted my payment fine but then no news from them.

Twice I have talk with them over their on-line live contact. First I was told that they would soon receive my "spacer kit", that it was on BO. Told them that I haven't bought no spacer kit. They checked further that the EMU kit was a special order and was also on BO scheduled to come in a couple days later.

Second communication on april 12th was about the same till I said that I was cancelling my order. Next day I received this very plain email:

We have actually already special ordered these components in for you since
they are not a stock item. A special order. Supposed to be arriving to our
store tomorrow in fact.

Then on april 19th, UPS sent me a shipping notification with april 27th as delivery date.

RR can't obviously stock everything for every application. I'm sure they are doing the best they can but a bit more communication and stock condition infos upon buying would greatly improve the clients perception of their quality of service.

As for long package transit time, it is explainable knowing my EMU kit has to reach me in Canada.

As for your lift kit, I'm sure it will be on its way to you very soon.

Dominik aka Walterkilo
2007 Jeep Green too-limited

1 - 6 of 6 Posts