Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Guy here with a question. Has anyone tried the RR lift with OME springs? I want the benefit of the heavy duty springs, and an extra Inch or two of lift would be nice also. Does anyone think there could be a problem with doing this?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I am running the RR spacers up front and the OME springs only in the rear. As long as you get the OME HD springs you will get about the same lift as the RR spacers. The ride quality is slightly rougher with the OME HD springs than the stock springs but you can not really notice the difference. The OME Medium Duty springs will give you about 1.5" lift I think.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Well I guess I should answer your original question. Yes you physically could install the OME springs along with the Rocky Road spacers to gain a few more inches of lift. However if you read this thread it will explain to you why doing this would not be a good idea.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6689

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, I want to add ome springs and rr spacers together. I already had rr lift, just looking for a little more and stiffer spring. I am reading the thread you sent. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess I should answer your original question. Yes you physically could install the OME springs along with the Rocky Road spacers to gain a few more inches of lift. However if you read this thread it will explain to you why doing this would not be a good idea.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6689
I read that thread. Thanks! a lot of info there. I may use the OME springs and cut a little off, or I will have to change UCA's Sway bar extensions, and bake line extention. Well I will have to think it over. Will let you know what I do.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Honestly if you got the HD UCA's from Get Lost 4x4 and cut one coil off of the OME springs you should be fine. Id still recommend getting the brake line extention from superlift, adjustable front sway bar end links, and the OME struts. For the rear you would need OME Springs, brake line extentions, longer shocks, adjustable track bar and id recommend the BDS rear upper and lower adjustable control arms to center the axle and adjust the pinion angle.

I almost went this route with my Commander but later on decided not to. I made a parts list of everything I needed to do it and found out it would be cheaper just to buy the 4 inch superlift.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, you are probably right that is a long list of parts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts