Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With your new commander, have you got alot of people rubber necking to see your jc. When I take it to the car wash, it sure gets alot of attention. on my way to work tonight their was a commander in front of me. Beautiful vehicle on the road. Anyone else. Maximo

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love it. There is only about 3 or 4 JC in my area who I see. The looks we get are great, we usually say "Yep, Everybody Love's the Commander" and smile. The Explorers are the funniest, they try not to make it look like they are rubbernecking, but we can see their eye's follow us by. And other Jeeps look real hard and sometimes wave. I wave back anyways.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The girls at the car wash can't help but look . ( I bet they think I got a lot of money). One fellow getting his toyota tacoma washed came up to me and went on and on about how he liked it. I've seen two jc's on the road and neither one even looked back! I guess they were too busy navigating or something. My favorite is when you're sitting at the stop light in traffic and you catch other suv's shooting glances.

·
Registered
114 Posts
One guy in a city of Detroit truck leaned out and asked if I had the 'frozen guy' in the back seat. (A reference to one of the Commander TV ads featuring the rear climate controls.) He and I both drove away from the stop light laughing ...

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yesterday at the Starbucks by my house 2 women were talking about my JC parked right outside. When I got in it they came out and asked if they could take a look inside. Who was I to say no to two beautiful women?:)

A couple of times at gas stations I've had mechanics come out to take a look and talk to me.

At first it was fun but now I am getting tired of talking to people about it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've also caught numerous people checking out my JC at traffic lights and gas stations. I think most of the people that are checking me out are guys in TJs with lots of mods - obviously Jeep fans. I sometimes wave, they rarely wave back! I've only seen a few other commanders on the road in the last few months around here - they are still very rare.

One of my biggest pet peeves, which has happened several times, is when someone says "hey, that looks like a hummer". I actually had a parking attendant at the Philly airport this week ask me "How do you like your new Jeep Hummer?" I usually just bite my tongue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Haags said:
"hey, that looks like a hummer". I actually had a parking attendant at the Philly airport this week ask me "How do you like your new Jeep Hummer?" I usually just bite my tongue.
I hear ya. My wife sent some pics of us in the Jeep to a friend of her's. Her response: oh cool you got that Jeep that looks like a Hummer.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
edlv said:
Yesterday at the Starbucks by my house 2 women were talking about my JC parked right outside. When I got in it they came out and asked if they could take a look inside. Who was I to say no to two beautiful women?:)

A couple of times at gas stations I've had mechanics come out to take a look and talk to me.

At first it was fun but now I am getting tired of talking to people about it.
Your a lucky man, dont hate it:D enjoy the moment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new to Jeep, and today I just got an XK, dark khaki, 4.7 V8 w/ gray AL wheels.....and while driving home from the dealer, I already got a beep and a ton of looks. I'm in Columbus and I haven't seen any Commanders around at all almost....

check it out, let me know what you guys think (not that it's anything special....)

http://matthewcurtiss.com/xk/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Funny that you guys would have this topic going.
The FIRST day I took mine off the dealership I noticed people staring at mine, a Stone White 4.7/LTD. I watched pedestrians actually stop and stare briefly and I've also seen other SUV drivers openly check out my wheels.
In all fairness, it does look a lot like the Hummer H3, even my wife started walking towards one at the mall parking lot thinking it was our jc.
While driving, I've seen Lexus and Explorer SUV drivers looking huffy and trying hard not to look but obviously very aware of what's near them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.