Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 commander (stock) I've been looking at the rough country 2.25 lift for it. I also want to run the wheels and tires off of a rubicon. Will those wheels and tires work with that lift ? Do I need spacers ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been doing a ton of reading on this subject. I too, have been considering this option. You will need spacers for the Rubicon wheels. If you want to run the 255/75/17 tires that are common on the Rubicon, you will also need the RC 2" lift.
I don't have first hand experience with this particular fitment. This is just what I have read all over different forums. Mainly searching on this site. HTH

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I run the rubi's on mine and you need both the lift and the spacers, they will not clear the brakes without spacers and the tires are to tall to run without the lift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate to bring this up from the grave but everyone always says you need spacers for the Rubicon wheels but never says how big. Will a 1.25" work or do you have to do a 1.5"?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
A 1.25" will work fine. The interfering ridge cast into the Rubi rims is about 1" away from the calipers with 1.5" spacers (I just measured off my Jeep), so you're good by about 3/4".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts