Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, anyone know if the alloys designed for the 2007 - 2010 wrangler by rugged ridge will fit the commander? I have asked the question a few times online without any response so far - from what I can see, they should?

:browsmiley:

Baz
Aberdeen, Scotland

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yes they will bolt right on. However you need to find out what width and back spacing those wheels are. Most wrangler wheels sit out quite far on the Commander. Get me that info and ill let you know if that setup will work for you

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are you sure those specs are correct? A 9 inch wide wheel with 12mm offset has 5.5 inches of back spacing. Not 4-5/8. Maybe you meant to say -12mm offset??

·
Registered
696 Posts
For comparison my wheels are 17x9 with 4.53 inches of backspacing. Not sure what the offset is.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
For comparison my wheels are 17x9 with 4.53 inches of backspacing. Not sure what the offset is.
Around -12mm. Your running 17x9? What size tire are you running on those wheels? Got any pics showing how far the stick out past the fender flare?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not sure how that is possible. A 9 inch wide wheel with +12mm offset will have 5.5 inches of back spacing. The info on that last website you posted is incorrect!

·
Registered
696 Posts

265/70-17 from when I had MT/R and running same size duratracs.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What back space and off set are your 17x9's?

·
Registered
696 Posts
4.53" but not sure what offset

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That's approx -12mm

·
Registered
696 Posts
and stock is about 6" isn't it? so equivalent to about a 1.5" spacer?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
and stock is about 6" isn't it? so equivalent to about a 1.5" spacer?
Yes stock is 6 inches so the back spacing of your wheels is equal to 1.5 inch spacers. But keep in mind that your wheels are 1.5 inches wider then stock wheels so the wheel it's self will stick out about 1.5 inches more then a stock wheel with 1.5 inch spacers.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dont think my wheels stick out 3" farther than stock? We doing that math right?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I dont think my wheels stick out 3" farther than stock? We doing that math right?
I'm pretty sure they do. Unless your wheels really arent 4.53 inches of back spacing. I'm running a 17x8 with 4.5 inches of back spacing and my tires stick out a lot farther then my buddy's XK who is running 1.5 inch spacers on stock wheels. Your wheels are an inch wider then mine so you do the math. Haha

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those tires are only 265/70's (265 mm wide) in the pic. They are skinny. I'm running that same tire in a 305/70. They are much wider.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts