Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...i've had my commander now for 3 wks and just a couple of things i noticed today. On the hinges of the front door when they are open you can see rust on the bottom hinge. ( i noticed this on a few of these commanders that i looked at).

When I have the back glass open and am looking underneath the part that attaches the glass is corroded on both sides. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Went out and checked mine and I have the same thing going on. I lubed up the door hinges with some WD40 but haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the mount for the strut on the back glass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the '06 Commander with the 4.7L V8. It has 26,000 miles on it and it looks as if the previous owner simply drove it to the store and church. :) I just parked it for the evening after driving it basically non-stop for 3 hours after the purchase. What can I say: I'm excited.

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this question so if not the mods can move it as necessary. My question pertain to replacing some of the bolts on the exterior of the vehicle (not the undercarriage). There appears to be a pretty decent amount of rust on the nuts/bolts and I'm wanting to know if that's normal and whether it would be a pretty easy task to simply replace them as necessary. Any thoughts for a Jeep Enthusiast newb?

Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot about my Commander in this forum.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the '06 Commander with the 4.7L V8. It has 26,000 miles on it and it looks as if the previous owner simply drove it to the store and church. :) I just parked it for the evening after driving it basically non-stop for 3 hours after the purchase. What can I say: I'm excited.

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this question so if not the mods can move it as necessary. My question pertain to replacing some of the bolts on the exterior of the vehicle (not the undercarriage). There appears to be a pretty decent amount of rust on the nuts/bolts and I'm wanting to know if that's normal and whether it would be a pretty easy task to simply replace them as necessary. Any thoughts for a Jeep Enthusiast newb?

Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot about my Commander in this forum.
Welcome, I moved your question over here.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
When I took delivery of my 06 back in April I noticed the same thing. The door hinges, the screws on the lift gate glass and under the hood. I replaced the four bolts under the hood by the battery and air box with stainless. The person who owned it before me must have not cleaned it to often. There was a lot of dirt and salt residue in the door jams and under the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts