Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seems to be a pretty popular lift here. Are you guys happy with the shocks that come with it? I'm assuming it comes with four shocks, correct? I ask because on the site it shows a pic of only two shocks with some of the lift parts.

What do you guys think of this lift kit? It is only $205.00 WITHOUT the shocks. Would this plus Bilsteins be a better route than the Rusty's? Does anyone have a part number for the longer Bilstein shocks?

http://www.rocky-road.com/commandersus.html

Check this out, guys.....brand new...AT the dealership, with the lift and oversized tires w/ full factory warranty.......

ThThis photo was submitted to us by a partner dealership who helped us introduce this first-of-its-kind suspension system for the Commander. Available new from the showroom floor with a lift and full factory warranty. Can't beat that!is photo was submitted to us by a partner dealership who helped us introduce this first-of-its-kind suspension system for the Commander. Available new from the showroom floor with a lift and full factory warranty. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I was advised not to get shocks from Rusty's. I stayed with stock shocks. And they're for the rear only. Front has struts.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was advised not to get shocks from Rusty's. I stayed with stock shocks. And they're for the rear only. Front has struts.
Thanks. You know, the more I read the link that I posted above that was given to me by that guy....the more I liked the lift setup, etc. I may just go with that one...the Rocky Road, I believe it is.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think Rocky Road is the most popular lift on the forum so far.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I've got the Rusty's 2" with the shocks. I've had no problems and definitely recommend them. If I did it over again I would order the kit without shocks and get Bilsteins instead.

I think that most of the spacer kits are really similar and you will be happy with any of them.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the Rusty's 2" with the shocks. I've had no problems and definitely recommend them. If I did it over again I would order the kit without shocks and get Bilsteins instead.

I think that most of the spacer kits are really similar and you will be happy with any of them.
So the Rusty's kit CAN be purchase WITHOUT the shocks?? Hmmm. Well, the Rocky-Road kit is 2.5" vs. the Rusty's kit @ 2". I may just go with the Rocky Road if the price is the same as the Rusty's w/o the shocks...I will have to check on that pricing.

Also, does anyone have a link to the spacers the guys are using on the stock wheels? (I'm having mine powdercoated) Would I NEED the spacers with a 265 70, or is that only for looks (wder-stance)?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thanks! Would those be necessary with 265 70's with a 2.5" lift?
I think so, Danny. Those are 31.5 inch diameter, mine are 32's and I needed them to clear the ball joint bolt and I think it helped to clear the HVAC lines on the passenger side too. I know I don't have the exact lift and tires you are considering so maybe someone else knows for sure.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think so, Danny. Those are 31.5 inch diameter, mine are 32's and I needed them to clear the ball joint bolt and I think it helped to clear the HVAC lines on the passenger side too. I know I don't have the exact lift and tires you are considering so maybe someone else knows for sure.
Thanks. I hope someone will chime in, lol. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
When I ordered my Rusty's 2" the customer service there told me that it would actually lift the XK to about 2.5". I've had mine on for almost 2 years now and have no regrets. Click the link in the my signature to view pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts