Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the rusty's coils compare to the OME HD springs? DO they both give the same amount of lift? Saw that rusty's has the coils on sale for $50 so thats why I am asking.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
How do the rusty's coils compare to the OME HD springs? DO they both give the same amount of lift? Saw that rusty's has the coils on sale for $50 so thats why I am asking.
OME HD is more like a ~3" lift.

Rustys coils are somewhere between the OME MD and HD.

There is a member on jeepforum that installed rustys springs all around (with a CRD similar weight to the hemi afaik) and he says axle to fender lip is ~ 22.5 front and 21.5 rear. It appears level. The front fender opening is larger than the rear so the gap between tire and fender is less in the rear. This is common for most lifts as they tend to "level" the vehicle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Now if I bought the Rusty's coils do I need different shocks/struts or would stock work?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Now if I bought the Rusty's coils do I need different shocks/struts or would stock work?
Need? no. Recommended? Yup.

You'll want longer rear shocks. If you're still running stock shocks @ this point they are blown. Bilstein 4600hd front and 5100 rear would be a great choice.

EDIT: I see now you have replaced your shocks already. They are probably fine, though, the SensaTraks in the rear with a stronger rear spring might be a little bouncey, and that appears to be a stock length sensatrak so it will likely limit your droop in the rear. Maybe look into people combining sensatraks with OME springs? Or try it, see if you like it and change your shocks out later if it bothers you. It's only two bolts...

Sidenote: Not sure how those quickstruts compare to a factory setup. I assume they are the same, though there is potential for that to vary the rideheight with different springs I suppose.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was actually thinking of throwing them on the wife's Commander.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like I better hurry up and order those coils before they're gone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts