Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had the commander for a week and a half and I have already ordered a lift for it... Rusty's 2" lift... This is going to be like have the XJ all over again...

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Congrats... Didn't waste no time at all huh. Looking forward to the pics!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The big brown truck just left me a present... The install will be on Saturday... WOOO HOOOO...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I thought I was bad. In two months... lift kit, roof rack, HID lights, rack lights, new tires, hands free phone setup, LED upgrades, yanked the 3rd row seat to build storage, replaced the grill with chrome, added chrome door handles, etc. etc. etc. I've tossed $1,700 into the XK already, and I'm not done yet. :D

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, yours as well as my XK won't be like my old '51 race Jeep. Everyone told me it needed a slot on the side of the hood that said: ''INSERT PAYCHECK HERE''

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rusty's lift is installed.... that was probably the easiest lift I have ever done.... with the exception of one bolt that I spent 1.5 hours on... Here is a link to some before, during, and after pictures...:eek:hyeah:

http://community.webshots.com/user/PatMilligan

Pat

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good. From your measurements, it looks like the kit also leveled it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. From your measurements, it looks like the kit also leveled it.
Yes, it did level it out... that was my biggest concern... I did not care much for the raked stance from the factory..

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks, great. With the stance changed (levelled) you might need to re-align the headlights. I have Rusty's and when I have some extra weight in the back, people flash their lights, thinking I have my brights on.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Is the rear spacer only held in by the spring pressure? Could it pop out if fully articulated?
Yes it is held in only by spring pressure. It could pop out if you remove the sway bar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if a set of spring retainers from a JK could be made to work on the XK. Hmmmm.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts