Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here. We bought an 08 Jeep Commander Sport V6 4x4 a few months ago for my wife (she's obsessed with Jeeps, you'd like her). It was a big upgrade from her 06 Liberty. Engine isn't exactly fast but it gets the job done, and she's even gotten it up to 19 mpg on the hwy, so she's pleased.

I've been referencing the sticky on tire sizes and I'm excited about getting some BFG All Terrains put on probably next month. I'm hoping to get the Rusty's Spacers Strut Plates put on first to level it out though. Does anyone have a how to guide on installing these? Is it difficult?

Thanks for your help, the info on tire sizes in the sticky thread has been incredibly helpful!

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension/jeep-suspension-lift-kits/xk-commander-05-jeep-suspension-lift-kits/rustys-spacers-strut-plates-xk-wk.html

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. It looks like this is a slightly different process than what I will be doing with just the 1/4 inch spacers. He's removing a whole lot more than I think I need to. Or maybe I'm mistaken? I figured this process (please someone correct me if I'm wrong - I was here asking for help after all):

Jack up truck with LCA, set on jack stand, remove tire, remove bolts (after fighting through a war to get access to them), let strut drop down some, place spacer on and hook back up.

The removal of the caliper and the sway bar bolts seems like more than is needed for me because I don't have anything else on the truck.

Am I right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts