Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a Limited XK with Saddle Brown interior. Well now i regret ordering it with this trim pattern. Anyone, have any input as to what i could do to maybe dye the leather, switch someone? I like the light tan interior now a helluva lot better. I'd like to then have it re-done with black suede inserts with black piping. Anyone, have any suggestions for me? Maybe ill just trade it in for an 08 when they ship....btw it has 8K miles on it

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I love my saddle brown seats and so does everybody that sees them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You will never get an even look trying any dyes. You could either reskin the seats... (don't be surprised when the upholstery folks think you are crazy for pulling out the saddle brown interior) or just trade the vehicle.

·
Banned
94 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Hey Guys,

I have a Limited XK with Saddle Brown interior. Well now i regret ordering it with this trim pattern. Anyone, have any input as to what i could do to maybe dye the leather, switch someone? I like the light tan interior now a helluva lot better. I'd like to then have it re-done with black suede inserts with black piping. Anyone, have any suggestions for me? Maybe ill just trade it in for an 08 when they ship....btw it has 8K miles on it
I dunno ... I kinda dig the dark brown leather I saw on one Commander. I haven't seen any since. I'm not sure if they changed the color for 2007, but isn't it a darker brown? The Yuma color on the Jeep site looks substantially lighter than what I saw.

I got leather seats for my JK (and my FJC and mu H3) from Katzkin. I'm pretty sure they make a kit or the Commander.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YB a name would be great. I mean, i do love my saddle brown. But they just dont leave much room for customizing the guts. Like a suede headliner, and arm pads on the door. I think, there is a new interior color for the 08 overlands if i read correct. Maybe i'll let it go and buy an 08 with myGIG, HID's and 2nd row heated seats! ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Any idea when the 08's are due out?
I found one so far but he has terrible feedback. I would only deal with him if you are picking up the seats. Here's the info,
LWL Auto Works 321 main St West in Girard.
If you want more detailed pictures or would like to ask any questions, you can email us at [email protected] or call us at 814-622-1152

Also here's a link to Katzkin, they have leather for the Commander.
http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
YB Normyl said:
Any idea when the 08's are due out?
The new Jeeps are usually out in August or September--not that far off.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
RedCommander said:
I've always thought the saddle brown looks very out of place with the rest of the interior. A49er posted links to a couple of grey leather seats available on ebay a while back.
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw it. My local dealership had a fully loaded black Commander with saddle brown interior in the showroom for the Commander preview back in the fall of 2005 and I just hated that interior. I thought something just didn't look right. A few months later I drove one with the saddle because it was the only Limited they had and I still didn't like it--even told the salesman. But I got the saddle interior because I didn't want the trouble of trying to keep the light graystone seats clean--figured the saddle wouldn't show dirt as easily. Now I love it. I guess it grows on you. And the color is so rich looking and doesn't show itself very well in pictures. I have seen different pictures of the same saddle interior that look like totally different shades of brown--from a light faded look to an orangy color.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
JeepRig said:
I purchased a light grey leather kit with a dark green two tone from Katzkin and it is very nice.
Did you have brown ones you wanted to part with?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
jeep5253 said:
And the color is so rich looking and doesn't show itself very well in pictures. I have seen different pictures of the same saddle interior that look like totally different shades of brown--from a light faded look to an orangy color.
Every person who has seen the inside of my Jeep... the first thing they say is that they LOVE the seats.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Katzin is the best answer if you want something custom.
They do awsome work.

Junkyard swap would be good if you can go and pick it up. At least you can see what you are getting before hand
Or I could just swap ya my black and grey cloth seating for your leather(yea right)
Im even kinda close to ya

·
Registered
218 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Did you have brown ones you wanted to part with?

I'm sorry man, I should have clarified.

I originally had the taupe cloth seats and I swapped them out for a leather kit. Looks just like the Overland trim pattern.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jeeprig:
How much did it cost ?
Did you put it outside the original chairs or did you have to remove somthig from the chairs ??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oyvind said:
Jeeprig:
How much did it cost ?
Did you put it outside the original chairs or did you have to remove somthig from the chairs ??

I think the kit cost about $700 or so and I had one of their local installers put it on for about $500 for all three rows. They took off the cloth material and then put on the leather.

I highly recommend the kit.

The cloth seats were very nice but the leather looks really sharp and is easier to keep clean imo.

I still have the cloths seat material in boxes in my garage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts