Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a 17x8 wheels with +14 offset for the front and -11 offset(also 17x8, same style and make) for the rear, would this create any problem? Has anyone done it?

Thanks for your input!

CT

·
Registered
542 Posts
I don't think you'll have a problem with that set-up.

Just curious, why the stagger?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
As long as you are mounting the exact same size tires on all four wheels you will be fine. But like asked already. Why would you want to do that. I thing it would look weird. Also you wont be able to rotate your tires properly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you'll have a problem with that set-up.

Just curious, why the stagger?

I didn't think it would be a problem either but i just want to double check just incase somebody did have a problem.
Reason for the stagger is so that it doesn't stick out too far and to avoid rubbing on front fender well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as you are mounting the exact same size tires on all four wheels you will be fine. But like asked already. Why would you want to do that. I thing it would look weird. Also you wont be able to rotate your tires properly.

Hmm...on second thought, i think you're right, specially the tire rotation.
Yeah, i'll be putting the same size of tires(275x60/17), but the real reason why i want it staggered is to get a wide stance at the back and to avoid rubbing on fender wells on the front.

Anyways, from the information i got from here, -11 offset would not fit, so i guess i'll check how the +14 appears on the rear, and go from there. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The tire size you mentioned with the -11 offset wheels would stick out 2.8 inches farther then the stock setup. Thats quite far. The +14 offset will make them sit out 1.8 inches farther then stock. Thats more like it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tire size you mentioned with the -11 offset wheels would stick out 2.8 inches farther then the stock setup. Thats quite far. The +14 offset will make them sit out 1.8 inches farther then stock. Thats more like it.

Yup, you're right 07jeepxk! That's why i've thought of going with the 2 different offsets to get a wider stance on the rear(rear fenders are farther out than the front) but like what was mentioned, i won't be able to rotate the wheels from front to rear.
So i think i'll go with the +14 offset then just add wheel spacers on the rear if i want the wheels to stick out farther over the rear fenders.
Guess i'll have to see how it look when installed, hopefully i won't need the spacers afterall.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yup, you're right 07jeepxk! That's why i've thought of going with the 2 different offsets to get a wider stance on the rear(rear fenders are farther out than the front) but like what was mentioned, i won't be able to rotate the wheels from front to rear.
So i think i'll go with the +14 offset then just add wheel spacers on the rear if i want the wheels to stick out farther over the rear fenders.
Guess i'll have to see how it look when installed, hopefully i won't need the spacers afterall.
It'll look just right without the spacers. If you look at other member pics throughout this forum, you can get an idea of what it'll look like without them staggered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts