Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Anyone know if the satellite receiver for and REQ will work with an REC?

Graeme
If you mean an REC from an 06/07, and a RAQ (not REQ) 6 disc, or RAK single disc from an 06/07, then the answer is yes. I do not know what a REQ is. If an REQ is from an 08, etc, the satellite receiver is built into the radio, and thus would not work. :eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/quality/req/

Thank you, Shell Answer Man! :icon_cheers:

Anyone know if the satellite receiver for and REQ will work with an REC?

Graeme
Now that I have been enlightened, the REQ is the 6 disc unit from the 08 and newer. The sirius receiver is built into this radio, so it will not work with the REC. All 3 radios from the 06/07, REC, RAQ, and RAK, are sirius compatible so a receiver from any of these will work. 06 and 07's had a separate receiver unit; 08 and above the sirius receiver was built into the radio. I hope this helps! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I have been enlightened, the REQ is the 6 disc unit from the 08 and newer. The sirius receiver is built into this radio, so it will not work with the REC. All 3 radios from the 06/07, REC, RAQ, and RAK, are sirius compatible so a receiver from any of these will work. 06 and 07's had a separate receiver unit; 08 and above the sirius receiver was built into the radio. I hope this helps! :eek:rangehat:

Yes, is absolutely helps! I have the REC but don't have the sat box. Now that I know that the RAQ and RAK have the compatible sat box I can expand my junkyard/ebay/kijiji search!

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Yes, is absolutely helps! I have the REC but don't have the sat box. Now that I know that the RAQ and RAK have the compatible sat box I can expand my junkyard/ebay/kijiji search!

Thanks.
If you are going to add a sirius receiver to you REC Nav radio, you will need the following:
1. Sirius receiver
2. antenna - mounts on the roof, in the middle, about 1' back from the edge of the liftgate
3. harness that runs from the antenna to the receiver. The receiver mounts under the passenger side, second row, outward seat. Flip the seat up and you will see a removable carpeted cover - the receiver goes in there.
4. harness that runs from the receiver to the radio.

Good luck - let us know how you make out. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't use a standard sirius antenna? I thought the plug was the same? I have a few standard antenna's and was just going to use on of those...and yes, looking for the receiver to radio harness.

Tomorrow I am calling a junkyard chain that apparently might have some crashed chryslers with REC and sat...

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
you can use a standard sat antenna from the sirius receiver under the back seat to the roof. You will need the harness to go from the sirius receiver to the head unit.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts