Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question for you all with satellite radio-I have the radio installed by the dealer prior to purchase, radio works but the screen on the head unit only shows the number of the channel playing. My XM unit in my old truck showed artist, song title, etc. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Just curious whether something was installed wrong as the dealer had a tough time making the unit work (had to put in second receiver, change wiring into head, et etc). Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
It only shows info in the sat radio mode AFTER you push the "info" button. That said, I have the NAV radio, and, if you have the standard radio, I cannot help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
sgilbert said:
It only shows info in the sat radio mode AFTER you push the "info" button. That said, I have the NAV radio, and, if you have the standard radio, I cannot help.
I DON'T have the Nav radio, but I do have factory sat radio and it works the same way. Push the "info" button.

Perhaps the standard radio doesn't have an "info" button. From your note, it sounds like you might have had an aftermarket sat radio installed which MIGHT not interface with the standard radio (if it does come with a "info" button.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no nav unit, just the standard factory AM/FM CD player with the harmon Kardon set up. They had to install the Sirium head unit and antenae at the dealer, seemed dumb to me at the time that they wouldnt ship with them both installed from the factory. My old truck did have an aftermarket unit in that scrolled automatically. I will check the Commander and see if I have an info button. Thanks for the help. much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts