Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There! A month ago we purchased a 2008 Jeep Commander. We then purchased satellite radio through Sirius. We read through the manual and saved our satellite radio stations, about 2 weeks later they were all reset back to all weather channel stations. So we read the manual again, didn't notice anything different we needed to do, so saved them again. A week or so later they were all reset again. We are now on the 4th round of having to save our radio presets. Has anyone had this happen to them and know why? It is becoming really frustrating.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Does this effect ALL your radio presets (AM/FM) or just the Sirrius sites?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And just a side note. We tried saving them to our saved seat settings, our separate keys, and then just entering them and not saving them to either. All three times it was reset.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far just the Sirius stations. But to be honest, I haven't listened to regular radio since we've bought it. But I did check a few times and they looked like the same stations we entered.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
If it included AM/FM then I would have said that the head unit is losing power or wired incorrectly, but if the AM/FM are staying as they were set then my first guess would be incorrect.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hmm... My 2010 did the same thing once this summer. I live just up the road from you too... weird. Do you have a Lock Pick? I have had issues from that on occasions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I double checked my radio settings last night and all the FM presets are still there. It is just the satellite radio presets that keep resetting. Darn, I was hoping to find a quick/easy fix!!

I do not know what a Lock Pick is? But I have had issues with one of our door lock things on the side getting stuck.... is that what you mean? I also have complaints about the sun visor and the lack of coverage is gives on the side windows, but I guess that would be for a different thread. Hoping Jeep has some good long replacements or something :)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I do not know what a Lock Pick is? But I have had issues with one of our door lock things on the side getting stuck.... is that what you mean?
The "lock pick" is an electronic device that is added to the radio that allows extra features. it is an aftermarket device so unless you installed it I would bet it is not there.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts