Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a 2007 with VES. I am using the rca inputs in the dvd console for connecting my ipod, but it cuts out when a song changes or if it is a live song where the intro is a light volume. It does work fine, and I am pleased with it, but I am wondering if anyone out there has any other alternatives.

I don't want to lose the factory Req NAV unit, or the steering wheel controls, and was playing around with the sources the other day. I noticed there is a satellite source that I have absolutely no need for. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to splice (externally of course from the head unit) the satellite source, so I can wire a 3.5mm plug into it for my ipod? That way, it is always a static signal source on SAT and will play all the time with no VES signal cutouts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just buy an iPod adapter, that way you don't have to splice and you'll also be able to control tracks and volume with steering wheel audio controls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea. Can you provide me with a part number and/or link?

I noticed that part number: 82209617AD is discontinued, but will use the SAT source and also allow me to connect up a 3.5 mm source as well.

I really like the concept of being able to control the ipod through the preset buttons on the SAT source.

Let me know.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts