Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone switched out their wood dash kit that came with your Jeep for the Satin Nickle dash kit that Jeep offers as an aftermarket kit.

The Satin Nickle actually looks silver.

I leased a base model Jeep Commander a couple of years ago and it had this like diamond metal looking dash that came with it and I'm wondering if that is the Satin Nickle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was looking at them on ebay...I think their a smooth aluminum looking finish I want to get that also but the dealers want too much..so ebay it is!

·
Registered
422 Posts
i have the plastic nickle colored kit that came in my model when i bought it ...it has a diamond plate look, not smooth it look good but not expensive or luxury at all....

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have the plastic nickle colored kit that came in my model when i bought it ...it has a diamond plate look, not smooth it look good but not expensive or luxury at all....
Hey GetNby, did that faux diamond plate also come on the dash? I got the same thing except its only on the window controls and shifter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Commander that I had with the diamond metal looking dash was a 2006 v6. Just a base model with a few extras.

My Limited has the wood dash which it does look nice (more luxurious I guess). But the diamond metal dash looks more rugged which looks cool as well. My girlfriend likes the dash from my base model '06 better than the wood in my Limited that I know have.

Honestly, they both look sweet. I thought my base model Commader was awesome but I got such a good deal on my Limited I decided to buy it. I only ended up paying about 40 dollars more a month. Either I got a really good deal on it or I was getting ripped on my lease....haha.

When I went to turn in my lease my parents bought the base model Commander from the dealer instead of turning it in. My parents love it! They have a Cadillac Escalade, BMW 840i and a bunch of work trucks and they would rather drive the Jeep....haha.

By the way on my '06 Jeep the diamond platted kit was on my dash, doors, by my shifter...basically every where that my wood kit is now.

In my Limited there are a few pieces of trim that are grey plastic. Is this what the satin nickle kit looks like? If so I don't know if I would like that. But that diamond metal looking kit I would if I could find it some where.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hey, I've got the 06 diamond plate bezels but would prefer the faux wood set. Let me know if you'd want to swap out.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I had the diamond plate trim in my 07 Sport. I like the wood in my 06 Limited better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to replace wood paneling accents

Considering buying a used 2006 Limited with the Hemi. Sounds great, love the Commander, but HATE wood paneling. I would prefer to replace of just putting decals on them. I don't even know what to call them; much less where to get them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts