Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm so thats my compitation huh :p

Those wheels look huge!! I'm entering my commander into the Dub show as well. I have the 4.7l with:

E&G Classic's Mesh Grill
Chrome Door Handles
Hemi Chrome body moldings and roof piece
Painted side mirrors, roof rack, and rear pieces
22" Multi-piece wheels (not telling who makes em ;) )
Titanuim Burlwood 130 piece dash kit (though i'm only installing about half the peices)

I really hope I can take home an award of some sort. It's my first car show so i'm NERVOUS :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
Hmm so thats my compitation huh :p

Those wheels look huge!! I'm entering my commander into the Dub show as well. I have the 4.7l with:

E&G Classic's Mesh Grill
Chrome Door Handles
Hemi Chrome body moldings and roof piece
Painted side mirrors, roof rack, and rear pieces
22" Multi-piece wheels (not telling who makes em ;) )
Titanuim Burlwood 130 piece dash kit (though i'm only installing about half the peices)

I really hope I can take home an award of some sort. It's my first car show so i'm NERVOUS :eek:
Hope you have some sponsors... or mad $$$$$.

It's always a bit nerve-racking when entering your first car show. I did the show scene with my VW a few years back... The judges make the event... some can be major asses and have their own agenda in mind... at other shows... judges are fair and either lean towards cosmetic mods or performance mods... or a fair combination of both.

I think at most DUB shows... it's more of the cosmetic / audio / video scene ... although there have been a few cars/trucks with impressive engine work done to them... and they look good too.

GOOD LUCK! We can't wait for your show pics!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own a shop so I guess I am the sponsor :p (If you guys need wheels... ;) )

Honestly I don't think i'm going to have my audio done in time. Do you think I will stand a chance without having a sound system?

·
Registered
131 Posts
MoparMan, how are the chrome handles workin i wana get some myself, anyway any chance you can gimmie a deal on some 20s or 22s with the tires? like a set im not really picky about who makes the rims just as long as they look nice, lookin for chrome unless u got some black ones for cheap, let me kno

·
Registered
19 Posts
The mirrors and pieces I had my painter paint black. The chrome door handles I got from ebay and they are SWEET! I get alot of compliments on them. What's your email i'll shoot you over some pics of wheels and prices, I can for sure hook you up with a great deal on some rims!

·
Registered
4 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
The mirrors and pieces I had my painter paint black. The chrome door handles I got from ebay and they are SWEET! I get alot of compliments on them. What's your email i'll shoot you over some pics of wheels and prices, I can for sure hook you up with a great deal on some rims!
I'm also interested in some pricing on a rim and tire package, My email is [email protected], I'm looking for something 20-22" black with chrome lip, thanks. Justin

·
Registered
131 Posts
My e-mail is [email protected] lookin for 20s or 22s mostly lookin for chrome rims but if u got black ones thats good to. lookin for a set with there tires and the cheapest brand lol thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im about to purchase those handles off ebay just making sure there good quality and such

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nutty, Email sent! :)

Avsfan33, check out oasiswheels.com and mhtwheels.com and let me know if anything catches your eye. As for the chrome handles I would really suggest picking them up, I think you will be really impressed with them.

Also, for anyone whos interested in aftermarket wheels, the Jeep Commander has a rare bolt pattern and therefore wheels are kind of hard to find. Check out Oasiswheels.com, I just had them cut a set of wheels for a Commander so you can get almost any style wheel for your truck.

If there is enough interest (3-5 sets of wheels) I could perhaps organize a group buy and offer an even more aggressive discount.

My shop technically isn’t open for business yet (we are in the process of remodeling the spot we leased) and my website isn’t finished but internet sales are something that I can do easy, and it should help me pay off our new tire mounter and balancer quicker :p

For more info PM me or give me a call: Top Hat Customs - 952-992-9126

PS - Here's a pic of my Jeep before wheels, tirm, and paint:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It was very easy. Just be sure you take a damp paper towel and wipe down the handles on your truck before you put the chrome covers over.

·
Registered
131 Posts
These caught my eye

Vandal from concept neeper

Starsse from Driv

anything in that area those look nice, got them from here mhtwheels.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
Hi Moparman420, do you know what kind of process your painter used?Also do you drive your car through rain/snow(probably not right?,not with 3 pc wheels at least-Asanti's are a personal favorite of mine).
I tried to get all the plastic parts on the exterior painted, but the guy insisted not too, because its all textured and will eventually chip off.Hows it working with you?Any sign of wear on the paint?
And some Karma towrds the car show! ********

1 - 20 of 29 Posts