·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the other jeepforum... enjoy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
That pic wasnt taken on hwy 198 goin up the hill out of Three Rivers was it? That spot looks really familiar to me...

Are you from Central CA?

;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This pic was taken at one of the 180 degree road bends in the park... just before the snow covered ground (which was at altitude = 5000 feet at the time). There were quite a few similar scenes on the way to the Giant Forest. There was so much snow this season (record snowfall) that the creeks and waterfalls were busting at the seams. You can see the water in the background running down the cliff.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Breathtakingly beautiful, thanks for sharing!
The photo itself has great composition, but the lighting, mist, clouds all make the pic that much more interesting.

The Sequoias and Yosemite are among my most favorite places to go. We do a car show in Kernville every October and several years ago we began going a day early to allow for a day in the Sequoia Natl. Forest, going up the back way is a beautiful drive that leads to the 'Walk of the Giants'. Great photo ops along this route as well. Not sure of the highway #, but the street that we follow up the mountain is Sierra Way.
Here's a pic I took up there last year...
(click to enlarge)

Chipster, if you took any more pics that day, please post 'em!! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.