Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Instead of having a rolling thread called "finally an owner", I'd just start a new one, and keep it as my continuously updating "log".

Here's from the day I drove it home:

Here's my first water crossing:

I finished up my lift yesterday, but somehow ended up cross-threading my driver side UCA bolt. Hoping to get my hands on a new one in the next couple of days. I'll have pictures up soon.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking forward to the new pics. Also, let me know when you're available to be a tour guide?:D

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Is that little badge above the "Commander" on the door a "Rocky Mountain Edition" badge? If so, I need to get one of those! Although my Commander is not "technically" a Rocky Mountain Edition - it HAS actually been through, on, above, and below the Rocky Mountains - so, I think it qualifies.

That being said, I call dibs on any de-badged "Rocky Mountain Edition" badges.

Also, that's a nice looking Jeep, and I can't wait to see it mud colored!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
keep use updated. i'm going to start my build up soon. the winch shows up tomorrow. the new welder comes satruday, and the tube bender and notcher come this week as well.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cajun: You just let me know when you want to go wheelin! There's a couple trails just outside Waynesboro that I want to check out sometime. Plus, definitely looking forward to the September trip to GWNF! There's tons of trails down here in SWVA, so if you are ever looking for a good day trip, just give me a shout.

Polar: Yes, that's a Rocky Mountain badge.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Cajun: You just let me know when you want to go wheelin! There's a couple trails just outside Waynesboro that I want to check out sometime. Plus, definitely looking forward to the September trip to GWNF! There's tons of trails down here in SWVA, so if you are ever looking for a good day trip, just give me a shout.
Thanks!! Will do. I'm pretty much off the whole month of March, except for any interviews that I may be called to. So, I'll be sending you a PM in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like a jeep now!!! Looking good.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ntrepid43 said:
Looks great! I like the rear side window decal.. nice touch.-43:D
Had to put SOMETHING on the outside so that other Jeepers would know that I wasn't just some soccer-mom-mobile driving snob. Ha.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah. Tires are next. Just trying to decide if I want to keep the stock wheels and use spacers, or just get new wheels. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sciron4x4 looks really good.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have been tearing up my wheels doing the 4X4 thing, I am considering tires only at this time but wheels will have to come soon I think.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BFG's went on yesterday.

Ordered spacers, because that ball joint bolt is just TOO close for comfort (sorry for the blurry pic, but you get the idea):

1 - 20 of 155 Posts