Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first of all I have to thank you all as I've been searching furiously on here over the last few months to get my commander to the point it is today

anyway started of to me as a 6 year old 3.0 V6 Diesel Limited with factory satnav DVD and command view roofs ...

then we got it home and added window deflectors and Chrome mirror caps

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Very nice ! I love that color. I don't know if you noticed, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side !:lol:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Great looking Jeep. When my wife lived in Edinburgh while studying for her LLM I used to visit from the States often. We once took a trip to Stirling, the Highlands and the Macallan distillery. We rented a Vauxhall sedan and off we went. The trip was awesome but the petrol prices were eye watering. I don't envy your refueling stops. If we HEMI owners feel the pinch here in the US, at 1/4 the fuel cost of the UK, you all over there have my sympathies. By the way, vote UKIP in the European elections next year.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the kind words and welcome guys .. yes fuel over here is a bitch currently £6.76 a gallon or $10.90 over there :eek: I was running a 3.7L Liberty and urban getting 12mpg or roughly in your terms 80cents a mile in got a little expensive .. I so wanted a V8 Hemi they are cheaper to but second hand because of the fuel price and our road tax @ £500 a year so I decided on the diesel urban it's 19mpg and 26mpg motorway

anyway back to the build

after a lot of searching on here ( you guys are great ) i decided on the rogh country lift and rough country 1.5" spacers nothing is easy as everything has to come from over that side of the pond due to my sreering wheel being on the wrong side :D

so far I only fitted the lift needed to see how it would settle out before going wider on the track

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet ride there mate, I have the same truck and colour down in England, where did you get the mirror chrome and deflectors from ?

Dave

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet ride there mate, I have the same truck and colour down in England, where did you get the mirror chrome and deflectors from ?

Dave
My sister inlaw stays in UTAH and my wife was over visiting so I posted a whole lot of stuff to the sister's house for the wife to bring home in here case lol

odered from amazon click on link below

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/2005-COMMANDER-CHROME-MIRROR-COVERS/dp/B00BU6WET8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382450346&sr=8-1&keywords=commander+mirror+covers[/ame]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh how I wish we had clear corners and double reverse lighting over here in the U.S. I'd also love the diesel...

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diesel power plant is a Beast TBH it has more torque than the Hemi it's a rocket ship off the line

anyway following you guy's on here and after a lot of searching I decided on BF Goodrich 245/75/17's I;ve ran these for years and the have never let me down also run them on the Wifes Grand Vitara

phoned round the local tire dealers and found that due to recent price hikes they were £210 a corner or $330 each .. found a car dealer who modifies 4x4s with a stock of Good year silent armours ..in the right size delivery miles on them delivered for £360/$585for the 4!

got to say I'm loving them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good fella, looks very good. I've got the same year, same spec but in black. Looking to limo black the rear windows, 2" lift and similar rubber. Got a niggle with the gearbox but it'll be right as rain in a week or two. Based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts