Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, all I came up with is a thread on build sheets about the SDA or SDM sales code which represents what suspension a Commander was built with (2010).

Apparently SDA means a Standard Duty Suspension.

So what does SDM mean?

Well, other than asking for a build sheet for my Commander, which I may have to do.

I remember some discussion about the Factory Tow Package upgrading the rear suspension, would that be the SDM sales code for Commanders?

I ask because, I'm considering new struts/shocks, the OEM parts catalogue shows only one front strut part number, but two rear shock part numbers, one for "SDA" sales code and the other for "SDM".

I have a 2010 Commander without the factory Tow Package, 3.7L V6, NAG1 Trans and QT1 drivetrain. So its a good guess its SDA, but I'd like to know for sure, especially since I don't know what SDM is, it might be a softer shock than SDA.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
My 2006 with the tow package has a suspension code of SDAS which is Normal Duty Suspension.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course I could just order Blisten HD struts/shocks and it would be a moot point.

Perhaps its spring rates on the rear suspension that are higher for the tow package, NOT the shock rates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts