Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Sea Foam in their Commander yet or any other vehicles? I heard great things about this product by I just pour the STP fuel injection cleaner once in a while in the gas tank. I would imagine the Sea Foam works better, but would like to hear some feedback.

What is the best way to use Sea Foam :ugh2:?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I have never put sea foam in the XK but I use it in lots of other things. Lawn mower, older jeeps, and anything that takes oil or gas. You can put some in your engine mixed with the oil and also put it in the fuel tank at a fill up. I think it is basically just a detergent similar to the ones that are already in oil and gas but I know it helps keep engines clean especially carbs.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
in my chevy i found the best way for seafoam was to slowly suck it into a vacuum line with the engine idling. this send it through areas where the fuel and oil don't usually go ie the intake manifolds the upper areas of the valvetrain etc etc depending on what vacuum line you choose. i noticed a huge difference after i ran it through but that was with alot higher mileage than what the commander has.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will first test the Sea Foam by pouring some in the gas tank. What is the purpose of the vacuum line and where does it lead too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts